Sunday, July 26, 2009

Music: What Am I To You? by Norah Jones

I had my first jamming session in 4 years yesterday at a studio in Hartamas, which apparently was where Faizal Tahir jammed the day before coz he had a performance yesterday (info obtained by Deera while waiting for us late comers LOL). It was a good and fun session (to me at least), although I pretty much sucked at everything I played -bass, guitar, drums. I probably would've sucked at playing the tamborine even. I feel bad for Manluq SalahX and Deera for playing like crap. If you're reading this, I promise next time round (if u guys are willing to invite me again hehheh) I'll clock in some practice before the session. So anyway, we played so many songs, like 10 maybe? Should probably cut it down to only a few and concentrate on those few numbers next time, LOL. The jamming studio was pretty awesome for 45 bucks an hour. The smaller one is 30 bucks.

Also, last night the 4 of us (well, 5 including Salahx's wife) was supposed to attend M.Nasir's concert after jamming. But it was postponed to a new date (yet to be announced). What is it with my luck with concerts these days? Rihanna haritu pun postponed jugak, no thanks to Chris Brown. Why the hell haven't they announced anything? New date? Cancelled? Refunds? Its been 3 months and Rihanna is happily going shopping and vacationing (as reported by E!News), don't you remember you owe us a blardy show? hampasss... it's probably partly because of the organizer too coz I heard Pineapple Concerts have been blacklisted due to the recent fuckups with NERD masa Sunburst dulu. Yada yada yada.. Either put on a show or give me my money back! MTV World Stage is going to be held here soon.. all I know is All American Rejects will be performing, and some other local and international artists (I don't remember who, Estranged kot?). Lady Gaga's gonna perform in Singapore, I think her concert's gonna be great, she sings better live than her recorded songs. Her vocal skill is pretty awesome.

I made 3 bags in 2 days. I'll post the pics after the intended recipients gets them. Well, until ALL the intended recipients gets them (sorang dah dapat, you know who you are..) I still have 5 bags or so to sew.. my imaginations are running wild with various designs and patterns.. I wish I could work with more sturdy cloth.. hmm sturdy?? Kain yg keras and tebal sikit laa.. but I can't coz my (electric) sewing machine is not powerful enough. The needle will probably break.. No, it will definitely break. Sewing machines are expensive okay.. the one I'm using now actually cost RM2K. But my aunt (who bought it) sold it to my mother for 500 bucks.. pretty good deal. Second hand and a bit old, but its good. Kalau tak, I would have to sew using the mechanical sewing machine that we have.. I call it machine gede-gede (pronounce: ge and de as in her), coz thats how it sounds like haha. So many people are telling me to sell them. While it is a tempting thing to do, I don't think I'm ready. Firstly, my sewing is still crooked here and there, to the naked eye its probably unnoticeable unless you look really closely, but I would know about it and it won't feel good to get money out of a bad quality work you know. Secondly, I still sew ikut sedap hati, no specific technics and measurements, more like ikut mood aku and whatever feels right at the time. Because of that, no two bags are the same, let alone three, they may be similar but definitely not identical. But I guess its ok bad coz I'm not going for mass production or anything haha. Thirdly, it takes too much effort, must take pictures and put it on the web at what not. Fourthly, will there be anybody who wanna buy my bags? I find it unbelievable. It would be really amazing kalau ada. I guess kalau ada org yg (strongly) insist to pay.. See what happens then. Lastly, I'd probably have to come up with a brand name. KBags? Just plain Kerr? hahaha. macam poyo je.. So this will remain a hobby for now. Not an expensive one too. But I've never made any bags for myself yet. I don't know why. But I think about some people who loves to cook, great at it even, but don't eat the food (makan la sikit), but they are happy to cook for other people. I guess its something like that.

6 days ago I found out that a friend of mine baru di-merisik.. While its normal to hear news of friends getting engaged or married, but this time round its different. You see, this particular friend is someone that I've always viewed as the epitome of a successful, single, independent women (amongst people that I personally know). She's pretty, confident, have a good job, travels a lot, speaks her mind, strong and willful, compassionate, funny, knows how to have fun. So when I heard the news, I was obviously very happy for her (still am and will always be), but at the same time, I have this hollow feeling. Like a member of a group has left to move on to greener pastures. Not like there's a group or anything, its just hypothetical. When asked to impart words of wisdom if any.. all she said to me was, Have Faith. Will do that, my friend. I've long left behind the pressure I've gotten from various people (mostly older people, and they do not include my parents) on the "bila lagi?" question. It doesn't get to me anymore. Hey if my own parents tak pernah bising kat aku, why the hell should anybody else bother? What's with the obsession to know anyway? Even if my parents do say anything, its fine coz they have the right to do so. But nobody else does. But I can't really tell these people to shut it, can I? The only thing my mom ever said to me regarding the matter was.. "when you wanna get married, just tell me". And that was a year ago. Gila cool lah.. My father lagi best, tak pernah tanya not even once hahahaha. Never even mentioned the m word ever. And for all that happens or doesn't happen, its all a part of God's plan and only He knows what's truly best for each and everyone of us. So anyway, my advice is, just wait for the card. Whether it comes or not. Just zip it and wait quietly , ok? LOL.

Before I go waste my time on other stuff, a special shout out to a friend who have selflessly fought for his fellow office colleagues for what is rightfully ours. Thank you very much.. if you're reading this, you know who you are.. :)

No comments: