Thursday, July 16, 2009

Music: Ok It's Alright With Me by Eric Hutchinson

Found out about this Boston native yesterday after Body Step. I've always liked this particular wind down song used by Teoh at the end of his classes and finally inquired about it yesterday. It's called Oh! by a guy called Eric Hutchinson. I've been scouring his myspace pages and websites and some vids on youtube, and right now I'm downloading his Sounds Like This album. His music has a Jason Mraz + Jack Johnson feel to it (fusion with his own touch and style of course) which is my kind of stuff. And he can play the piano too! Haven't I said enough about how desirable these guys can be? LOL. and this guy is takde lah good looking pun. haha.

The cars that I drive are usually equipped with cassette players, which therefore increases my need of a good radio station to listen to to a tenfold. Even now that I have 2 cars at my disposal which, surprise surprise, have cd players, i haven't got the chance to burn a cd of fav songs (more like malas). I may have found a radio station that I'm gonna stick to for a while. I don't really like the ones that plays 2 songs and then 10 minutes of adverts, and some of the djs are irritating and just plain noisy. And after those 10 excruciating minutes, chances are next song played is some stupid hip hop song or overplayed pop song. At first I tuned in to RedFM coz the song choices are good and they only have 10 minutes of advert in every 50 minutes, but they repeat the same songs over and over again, and it kinda got old and repetitive. Some time ago I accidentally bumped into BFM (Business FM) and they were playing some Weezer and GNR and other cool rock music and stuff. I've tuned it ever since and it turns out they play rock and only rock songs.. from Elvis to Coldplay, from Steve Miller Band to Soundgarden, from The Clash to Lifehouse. Its fucking awesome. So far its close to the ultimate Rock Music Station that I've always dreamed of. There was one that I listened to in US. Its weird that a Business radio station would be the one that finally fulfills to an almost perfect extent, of my radio station needs (barring the business talk that is).. But of course I still need to get my few times a week dose of Gotcha Calls.

With this, my quest for a good radio station will stop now as long as BFM can hold my attention.

Off to work in 90 minutes, its shower time.

No comments: