Friday, September 04, 2009

Stitching a hollow heart

I want to buy a new sewing machine, one that can do everything and anything a sewing machine can do...
I don't really what those are yet, definitely have to do some research on that...  
I plan to learn how to make quilts so it has to be equipped with quilting gadgets like quilting bars and what not..
I want to try sewing other materials like leather and denim and silk so I need one that is versatile and strong..
No doubt its gonna cost me a bom.. so it'll be a while before I splurge on the ultimate sewing machine..
I can dream.. for now.
First and foremost, I have to at least attend a sewing class!
Instead of just sewing membabi buta like right now.. need to learn some real skills..
My aunt likened me to my nenek who likes to sew..
So now I'm being compared to an 80 year old... great.. oh well, its not a bad thing..
Need to get me some really long zippers and d-rings and magnetic strips and wadding/fusing and velcro and buttons for my next project...
Can't wait to try out new bag designs...
I found a blog whereby someone has conveniently compiled all the available tutorials for handmade bags that can be found on the internet..
Its weird that a year ago I wouldn't even dream of ever indulging in anything related to sewing..
So not me...
Once again, I'd like to thank the person who's responsible for dressing up Sara Tancredi with that fateful purple sling bag in Prison Break...

But even with this new found interest, I can't help feeling a little empty inside...
Maybe I need a somebody... LOL.. can't believe I just wrote that..
(Confirm kena kutuk ni.. )

Random fact..I just remembered that I actually cried when I had to work during raya back in 2007..
Chances are history will repeat itself this year...
Can somebody celebrating in KL adopt me into his/her family for raya this year? hahahahhaha..
Raya ngan kucing aku je lah.



Mikey doing the superman pose.

No comments: