Friday, September 18, 2009

SHR MZB to all

Music: Closing Time by Semisonic

Its crazy that I had the whole week off (Mon-Fri) this week, but I have to work tomorrow, the day before raya. My flight to Penang is tmrw night. If i realized this sooner, I would've worked something out so that I'd take somebody's shift earlier, so that I'd get tmrw off and be able to balik Penang much2 earlier. But oh well, its nice to have the house all for myself once in a while. The family's gone back already. I started cleaning my room after they left this evening, vacuumed everything, including the walls and ceiling. haha.

This week I didn't break fast at home at all. There's Sunday pot luck at Rina's, Monday at Michelangelo's Pavilion, Tuesday at Cozy in Ampang Park, Wednesday at Chillies Bangsar, and Thursday at my cousin's house in Tropicana. Only today, home alone, with leftover food. LOL. Let me add here that I didn't go to a param not even once this year. (param=pasar ramadhan, coined by elly).

I bought Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol on Tuesday, the day it launched. I hate that its hardcover but couldn't help myself, with the intention of finishing it before raya, seeing I had the whole week off. But its been a busy week, and when I'm not going around doing errands or meeting friends, I'm always sleepy and of course, I slept at every chance I got. The book's bulky and heavy and I don't feel like bringing it around with me wherever I go. I bought Da Vinci Code and Angels&Demons hardcover as well, coz I couldn't possibly wait for the paperback. I'd like to finish reading it in one sitting, at most in 2 days. So I guess I'll have to wait till my next round of off days, which will only come after my trip to Singapore next weekend.

Got my bonus this week, which only amounted to a little less than a thousand, after taxes. A friend of mine laughed like crazy when I mentioned the generous 0.4 months given by my company. I didn't feel offended, in fact, I laughed at the ridiculous amount myself. Ok no more dissing. I should be grateful.

I recently got to know someone who's going to NZ after raya.. finally.. I can get somebody to get me the leather book mark that I lost, I loved it so much, I was so sad when I misplaced it. Didn't think I'd ever get devastated over a lost book mark. But I did. I also lost the only ring that I've ever treasured. Its made of paua shell, which is only available in NZ and Australia. It was pretty expensive, cost me around 20NZD, almost rm50. Never paid that much for a ring before. Dunno if I should get the person to buy that for me too. The ring size being the main problem.

My father has finally given Alien (my cat) away. So sad. I loved that white-weird-scaredy cat. He's scared of thunders, and my sneeze. Serious, he'd hide under the table or chair at the mere sound of thunder and of course, whenever I sneeze my really loud shrieking trademark sneeze. Its so funny. I still have 4 more kittens though. They are the cutest things ever, and at this age they are the best pets one could ever have, coz they're still cute and exploring the world (in this case, my house) with their super slow and hesitant movements, and they'd play and jump around and all over each other, and the best thing of all, they dont shit or pee. So great. Love cats.

The downloading frenzy has started again. The fall season has started, I've already downloaded Gossip Girl and Bones and Greek. Its gonna get crazy starting next week, and I can't even find the time to watch any of the stuff I've downloaded, coz I've been busy watching The Hills. Still not done yet. Ntah bila nak habis tgk. I need to move on to other series.

Lastly, Selamat Hari Raya everyone. Have a good one.


Raya 2008 @ Penang

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. SHR MZB? Somebody's taking the SMS-lingo a little too far...
2. Lost Symbol: kalau tak best cakap awal2.. then aku tunggu paperback je..
3. download la House sekali ok? kesian boss(S_ _ N) nak tgk..

K said...

1. actually I've been using that for a few years already..

2. wait for my review in 2-3 weeks time

3. kau nak jugak kan sebenarnya nih.. hahaha

Ariana said...

takleh komen lak kat tagboard...
thankx for the bag...
senang gile nak pakai...
beg raya aku... hahaha

weh best tak buku dan brown baru?

K said...

Belum baca lagi buku tu...

Anonymous said...

babe sape tak terkejut with ur sneeze hihih peace!

missed u last nite.had dinner with aina zoora n ina

btw my colleague gave some tips on cats after reading your blog.. nanti bebile i'll ring u

K said...

yeah Aina did text me, too bad i couldnt make it. round up everyone for another dinner outing pls!! hehe