Thursday, April 13, 2006

Music: Sabarlah by Sad Angry Babies

I went to watch Disney World on Ice with my cuz last night.. It was awesome.. loved it.. If I were a small kid, I would've been estatic! It wasn't so much of the wonderful skating, but the fact that it reminded me of all the Disney pictures that I've seen.. I remember watching Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella like 8 million times a day when I was a kid. Hari2 aku tgk. In Cinderella, the mice that befriended her were my favorites. In Sleeping Beauty, I loved the 3 fairies.. they did everything with magic, I wish I had a wand. I wanted to be Princess Aurora. In Snow White, my favorite dwarf was the youngest one, was it Dopey? I'd pray and pray that Snow White wouldn't eat the poisoned apple, eventhough I knew she'll it eat anyway. Up till now, I think that Lion King's animation is still the best. I first watched it in high school at our school hall on a Saturday night, which are movie nights. Other favorites includes Emperor's New Groove and Finding Nemo (David Spade and Ellen Degeneres were hilarious!).

I also thought how fortunate how these ppl were being able to do what they liked, ie skating. I mean, I'm sure they loved skating or they wouldn't have joined the Disney World on Ice crew, ne? Sometimes when I watch NBA games, I thought it would be awesome if I could be the kid whose job is to wipe the court floor with that big-ass mop whenever the players jatuh tergolek especially around the restricted area. It would've been the most awesome summer job ever. You get to watch NBA games for free and NBA players up-close. dang it!

On a different note, I would've gotten myself a new crush today after so long (give and take about half a year since I've had one). I was at Amcorp Mall today, my mom was at the post office and ada laa dekat 30 org in queue. So I wandered to a guitar shop nearby. There was this guy there, very tall and built, has a fair complexion, chinese look (score!!), with long hair. Ahhh sungguh macho. Turns out he was a guitar and drums tutor. He spoke perfect English.. got to know he was a Sarawakian.. a non Muslim. He gave me a guitar, we played some songs together.. and gave me some tips. He got himself a music degree in a university in Australia. Hebat gila main guitar, but he's actually a drummer.. he's in a 5-piece band, selalu gak ada gig.. tmrw he's gonna play at MMU Cyberjaya's prom night. I think he's reallyyy good, I mean.. from what he told me lah. He was studying in a music school in Sarawak, and this professor from the university in Aussie came to his school, and this prof was impressed with him and another guy. And on the spot offered him to further his music studies in Australia. Best siot. And the only reason he couldn't be my new crush.. is because he's married. Bummer!!! I'm soooo tempted to go watch him play at MMU tmrw.. sigh....

He asked me what instruments I play.. so I said, just mediocre at guitar, novice at drums.. both self taught. A little of the alto-sax, and a baby at piano. Then he said I should leave my number, haha! It's nice to have musicians where he can call up and you know... jam or whatever.. hahahhaa.. well, I don't consider myself as a musician though. I just know a little bit here and there. Haha segan lak kalau dia betul2 ajak aku bermain music bersama-sama.. hahaha dream on Kirah...

No comments: