EVERYTHING WENT WRONG TODAY. I AM FREAKIN PISSED. When I'm mad, only Brandon Boyd can pacify me, I am not kidding. This particular song cools me down instantly.. first off this version that I have is an impromptu version, they tak pernah practice beforehand. Brandon first heard this version on stage while performing haha. Mikey (the guitarist) is a freakin genius.. their chemistry is simply awesome. Secondly, Brandon has a unique voice and I love the way he pronounces certain words. Thirdly, love the lyrics. As with all of Incubus' songs, their lyrics are vague yet profound, sometimes deep and meaningful, sometimes contains a weird sense of humor, and open to different interpretations. That what makes them so intruiging. Lyrics lagu ni is my favorite.
My first concert was Incubus', the one and only concert that I actually lost my voice. Even Metallica nye concert aku tak hilang suara, eventhough I did claim that Metallica's concert was the best concert I've ever been to (which is true). Aku hafal semua lagu Incubus (yang aku ada lah), except maybe the latest album A Crow Left of the Murder, so I sang along every freakin song they sang. Maybe I was also a little too excited since it was my first concert and all...
I can listen to Incubus all day without getting bored. Even Arashi and Metallica and Britney Spears and Eminem don't fall into this category, considering the fact that these are my favorite bands. Hahaha pretty weird combination ey, I guess I have an ecletic taste for music. So it's suffice to say that my most most most favorite band is Incubus.
Did I mention that Brandon Boyd is a very good surfer and a very good artist, as in he can draw realllly well? I've seen him do both. Argh cair. I like it that Incubus is not over-exposed, how many people can tell me anything about Incubus apart from discussing about their music? Even I don't know much about them. I don't surf about them like I do Arashi, that's because I appreciate them solely for their music, unlike Arashi, in which I appreciate the pretty looking boys, haha. But their songs are nice too lah.
I feel better already.
Today's picture:
This hall is where Incubus filmed the videoclip for their song "Drive". I don't remember the name lah, at the University of Minnesota.
No comments:
Post a Comment