Thursday, September 08, 2005

US Open
-------
US Open men quarterfinals, what a great comeback by Agassi. Down by 2 sets, and he won the match in 5 sets with a tie-braker. A fast paced match, over in 3 hours. Blake did a good job as well, but I think he was in a defensive position most of the time. Agassi literally made him run all over the place, Blake was sliding here and there, somehow his shoes macam slippery LOL, which in turn buatkan dia lambat to get back into ready position. Tapi Agassi banyak gak buat unforced errors.

Blake's run in the US Open is really like a Cinderella story. A wild card entry that made it until the quarterfinals, was he even seeded? Aku pun tak sure. James Blake is the Cinderella Man of the year. Somehow dia remind me of the Wimbledon movie, yg ada Kirsten Dunst tu. Story line lebih kurang. wild card entry yg tiba2 menang semua game sampai la ke finals. Cuma Blake tak sampai je lol. Agassi really looked different. Dah 35 years old, badan pun dah naik sikit. He's much fairer, doesn't wear earings anymore, he has a softer facial expression now. Hahaha. Dah bertahun aku tak tgk mamat ni. This match is the most exciting tennis match that I've ever seen haha. Well no doubt there are more spectacular matches that I don't know of, but considering the fact that I just started watching tennis since Wimbledon 2005, there aren't that many matches that I can compare with.

Venus punya match haritu gila lacklustre. I think she wasnt very motivated since Serena is out of the tournament. Awal sangat Venus matchup dengan Serena, in fourth round. Diorang ni mmg ada effect on each other, that much I know from watching diorang punya reality show. Sharapovaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. yeay dia advance to semis. Her playing style, I think she's kinda erratic, yet powerful. Very intriguing. Tengah2 tennis match tadi commentators cakap pasal football game Michigan vs Notre Dame this Saturday. hahaha ironic. Well mamat yg coach offensive for New England Patriots sekarang meng-coach kat Notre Dame. He made a bet with Tom Brady kalau Michigan kalah, dia kena pakai cap Notre Dame at his next press conference. Ciss!

Formula 1
---------
Sedih siot. Apsal la Raikonnen bad luck sangat, kena tukar engine la pulak. Kan dah kena drop 10 spots on the qualifying grid. Aku tanak Alonso menang!!! The race in Monza had all cars racing to the finish line siot. Hebat2. Ferrari is really in deep shit lately. I don't know what to say anymore. Eventhough Micheal is being realistic with his comments about not being confident with the upcoming races sbb kereta Ferrari sangat la sucks sekarang ni, I don't really favor the attitude. I wish he had more enthusiasm and faith. Anyway, it's the time of year where drivers for the teams for next season are being announced, rumors here and there. Very exciting!! Next stop, Spa Francorchamps.

Start of a new semester
-----------------------
Baru 2 days of classes and I am so tired already. Ni semua pasal the 8.30am class 4 days per week. Crazy. But I will most probably go through with it. The last time I had classes this early was masa freshman first semester. 15 credits this sem, eventhough I only need 8. Semangat tinggi membara-bara ni haha. Cari nahas betul. One of my lab GSIs is my ex-classmate. Apakah? Pelik siot rasa. Major design class aku ada 25 org je. And surprisingly ada 5 perempuan! That is a 5-boy to 1-girl ratio. Shocking shocking coz usually it's like 10 to 1 for most of my EECS classes especially the 300 and 400 levels.

After 4 months, I can finally read the Michigan Daily again. Ahh best nya. Aku rindu kat Michigan Daily. The first paper for each semester, as usual it's the New Student Edition, to give the freshmen a headstart on everything that goes around in U of M, from politics to sports to entertainment. They republished old news' dated as early as Fall 2004. Masa kerja kat Bursley during summer I got to know a guy who writes for the Daily, Arts section (yg every Thursday tu). So in the New Student Edition ada laa kawan aku ni punya reports which took up one whole page of the paper. When you know the person it's more interesting to read the article. Plus kawan aku ni tulis mostly reviews pasal new television series and movies. Gila lah sure banyak gila tgk tv dia ni. Sure dapat tgk movie free2 je sbb kena tulis review haha.

Cakap pasal movies, 40-Year Old Virgin is downright hilarious! Memang lawak nak mampus la. Bukan lawak2 cam citer lawak2 biasa, tapi lawak dia best sbb it's what people usually say dalam daily conversation. Aku ketawa sampai nangis2. Movie ni 'hardcore' aa gak.. so aku budget sure takkan keluar kat Malaysia punya. Kalau keluar, mau kena potong byk gila.. and there'll be bleeps in almost every scene hahahaha.

No comments: