Monday, September 26, 2005

Siot lah.. football kalah dengan Wisconsin.. we could've won man. Whatever. No point talking about it. Alonso secured the Driver's Championship.. as much as I hope he wouldn't, it's kinda inevitable. If only Raikkonen hadn't locked up his right tyres masa qualifying, he would've qualified for pole position and take the win instead of Montoya. Again, whatever lah.

On Friday, I went to Tally Hall's gig at Blind Pig. OMG they rocked!! Ok a little intro.. Tally Hall is a band comprised of 5 Michigan students. Rasanya diorang dah graduate kot, last year or this year I'm not so sure. Anyway, the band was formed in late 2002. Tally Hall ni agak dikenali laa in the underground world. If not because they are from Umich, aku sure tak tahu punya. Mana laa aku nak tahu pasal band2 underground ni.. main stream bands je aku tahu.

So when I found out about TH, aku cari lagu2 diorang.. Sedap aa gak.. I'm not sure what genre aku nak categorize TH.. lagu2 dia cam quirky pop rock.. wonky2 camtu.. with hints of retro-ness.. but not too extreme like Rooney. Found out they're gonna play at the Blind Pig.. alang2 tu aku beli je lah ticket, 10 bucks je. Mmg best gila laaa diorang perform! Aku diri kat front row.. and there were bricks next to the stage.. so I stood on the bricks, which made me one head taller than everybody else.. it felt like I was on the stage with them hahaha.

When I first heard their tracks.. aku cam pelik sbb different songs suara lain2.. cam, hebatnya kalau lead singer ni nak nyanyi byk2 style. Masa kat gig diorang, rupa2nya.. ada 3 frontman... 2 guitar players and 1 bass guitar player.. diorang semua nyanyi.. sedap pulak tu!! from the pictures of them yg aku jumpa, I thought that this one guy was cute la jugak (heheheh kena la usha beb). Turns out that this guy nyanyi paling banyak sekali hahahah.. he plays the bass. sedap lak tu suara.. hahahah best2... Not only that, the keyboard player pun nyanyi gak a few solo parts.. gila apa.. 4 people who can sing well in a band.

omg they are so talented. one of the guys (he looked like a CS major student.. serious muka engineer), dia banyak nyanyi gak.. boleh rap lak tuh.. guitar solo semua dia main.. the other frontman boleh boom box.. there were soooo many instruments used for extra sound effects selain drpd the usual guitars, drums and keyboard.. aku pun tak tahu apa nama.. byk sangat. they can do harmonizing.. byk gak harmonizing in all their songs.. not only that.. they can even whistle and do harmonizing.. I am impressed!

they really have a following already siot... byk gila org dah hafal lagu diorang.. there was this one girl who was lip synching every song, and one of the band members put the mic at her and let her sing one whole phrase of one of their songs... gila lah... siap ada groupie lagi tuh!! diorang punya identity adalah, all of them pakai shirt putih, black slacks and black shoes (macam org pi kerja), and each of them pakai tie kaler lain2. there's blue, red, silver, green and red.. yg aku kata cute tu pakai blue.. and the yellow tie guy pun cute gak sebenarnya... muahahahha. and so this group of girls yg aku kata groupie ni, wore white sleeveless', and each pakai tie lain2 kaler.. hahaha.

oh man, TH rock!! I actually bought their demo CD earlier.. nyanyi mmg sebijik aaa ngan recording. performance sangat laa lively, tak bosan.. another thing I like about them is that, diorang ni ada sense of humor.. best ahh.. aku thrill gila beli demo CD diorang.. I mean, I've never ever bought a demo CD ever.. recordings dia pun bunyi very raw... but still sedap.. hahaha.. excited siot aku. They're album will be out next month, they're under a very small indie label.. so takde lah worldwide sale ke apa hahahaha. I'm gonna buy their CD of course.. the fact that diorang budak Umich makes it all better and more exciting. papehal, aku akan support TH all the way... I hope they make it to MTV or whatever... masuk main stream aaa... pastu aku boleh bangga aku dah follow band ni since awal2 lagi... and bangga diorang budak Umich.. hehehehhe.. boleh jadi TH tak grow into a popular band jugak, if the band members decide to pursue their career (they do have degrees already)... u can check them out at www.tallyhall.com. lastly.....

Welcome to Tally Hall.

No comments: