Music: This Is It by MJ
On Friday as I was getting ready to go out for dinner, I received a call from my aunt offering me free tickets to watch Cuci The Musical. I was aware of the musical but I didn't know it was currently showing. So K and I postponed our dinner plans until after the show and went to watch it instead.
It was freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best thing about the show was the comedy. It was so funny I laughed and cried like a crazy woman. The main cast were very good.. namely Hans Isaac, Afdlin Shauki, AC Mizal (my favorite in PGL) and Awie. This time round I have to say that I like Awie the best. Character dia prasan cute and I have to admit that he acted his part perfectly, and jadi pulak tu!!! Can't believe Awie can pull that off. Ok please, I'm saying his character is cute, no him ok. Next I like AC Mizal. Hans was a bit kaku but I guess it has to do with his character, cam bodoh2 cute gitu. Vanida Imran and Adibah Noor were also great. I was impressed by the singing of the non-singers like Vanida, Afdlin and Hans. Although I did detect some parts yg sumbang, but it was almost undetectable, like just one note off key but they recovered quickly. AC Mizal and Adibah Noor tak yah cakap aaa.. sedap gila.. and Awie.. he sang in a normal voice except for one song where he did his rock kapak style which I've always loved. The music composition was good and the live band played flawlessly. And omg the props..simple yet awesome nonetheless. Made full use of the whole stage, what with Hans and Awie doing repelling stunts and Afdlin and AC Mizal jadi belay. The only thing that's left to be desired is the dancing. There were not much of it from the main cast and I wished they'd do more dancing rather than just stand/sit while singing and probably move side to side a bit. Other than that, its probably the best musical I've ever been to so far. The wow factor is definitely non other than the hilarious and witty script.. even during sad scenes they managed to make it sad and funny at the same time. And we got VIP seats summore, smack in the middle/center of the stage, sat behind Tiara Jacquelina and family. I just found out the free tickets were courtesy of Yasmin Yusoff herself, she's the show's producer. Hans Isaac is the director. The show started at 8.30pm and finished at midnight!! lama gila.. intermission for 20 minutes.
A minute after I got the call from my aunt, I got another call from a friend offering me 4 free VIP tickets to All American Rejects' concert on Saturday night. Too bad I had to forgo those cause I had to work evening shift that day and also I couldn't find anyone who wants the tickets ahhahaha. Actually I only asked 3 people, and then I gave up. Well, I've seen AAR perform before (MTV World Stage) a few months back, and I wasn't that interested to go anyway, and I just heard most that went to the concert were teenagers hahahaha. Kalau aku pi sure these teenagers cakap aku ni makcik tak sedar diri ek. lol..
Earlier in the morning today (Sunday morning), we had our first dance practice for this year's tkcoga alumni dinner. Berpeluh2 ok... a fun workout nonetheless. Its the 3rd time in a row I'm participating. And every single time the older girls will ask what year I was born in and what year I sat for SPM and they'll go like.. soooo youngggggggg!!! After 4 years and we're still the babies among the group. Funny lah. Zee Avi has a performance the same night as the alumni dinner and I'm kinda bummed sbb tak dapat pi. I hope she'll hold another performance on a different date.
Then later got an invitation by The Funnyman aka Asrif to join him for lunch at Tony Roma's to celebrate Ali's birthday. It was a nice gathering of some old and newly made friends. Wanted to go home but was (nicely) coerced to watch Time Traveler's Wife. I think the movie adaptation of the book is not bad. It skipped a lot of stuff in the book, but it was okay because the important events are there. And I'm impressed that the movie did not turn out confusing. Eric Bana was hot (but takleh lawan dia dalam Troy hehehe). Some funny comments made by Judd..
"Patutnya diorang boleh threesome siot"
hahahahhaha lawak gila. But who would want to have a threesome with himself???? Macam agak sick aaa...
"Kalau dah tau dia dah mati masa tuh, kenapa tak ready doctor siap2 kat situ"
hahahahahh itu statement yg agak logic aaa kan sebenarnya.
All in all it was a good weekend.
My mother repaired her gede-gede sewing machine so I can start sewing again using that super old school thing. But I don't think I can start anytime soon. F1 season is officially over. I'm sooo happy Hamilton didn't win today. Muahahhahahhaaaa *evil laugh*. Its been a busy week last week at work due to the stupidddd 5S audit and the next one is tentatively scheduled for this Thursday, its gonna be another tiring week. What a waste of my time.
It feels hopeless. Time to move on.
Happy thoughts.
Happy thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment