Music: Heaven by Marie Digby (Ayumi Hamasaki cover)
I just found out that Marie Digby released a japanese album doing covers.
Makes me like her more!
Love her version of Luna Sea's Gravity.
Its been a while since I've listened to that song.
And she also has a second album out recently.
Gotta get both albums! Just gotta!!
I finally watched District 9 a few days back.
And finally, the aliens didn't choose to invade New York hahhahahahhaha. Refreshing.
But I don't really understand what's the hype.
Probably the symbolism/reference to apartheid, portrayed in the form of speciesism and xenophobia.
The idea of shooting the movie in a documentary-like fashion is interesting, although it couldn't really be done all the way through when Wikus was in fugitive mode.
That was a bummer really. Kinda spoiled it for me.
The cgi is really awesome and real. Very believable.
At first I didn't like the prawns, but after getting to know Christopher and his kid, when these aliens are given characters and emotions, of course I really felt for them, especially since the aliens were given a bipedal form, I think its only natural that humans tend to emphatize creatures that looks like us.
There are talks about a sequel, I'm not sure how I'd like it better, for the aliens to come back and take revenge on whole of humanity, or just the MNUs, or come to save its people at the same time help to change back Wikus to human-form.
All in all, it was just a little more than okay movie.
But Sunshine Cleaning is a really awesome movie!
I've always liked Amy Adams.
It is a simple story about an honest to good girl who works hard for herself and little kid.
It also sends the message about how important family is, to always stick together and help each other.
It hit me harder than I thought, maybe coz this realization came a little late in life for me.
I've never really been super close with my family members, and there are rarely incidents that requires me to be there for the family in times of need.
But better late than never right.
I've been trying to be a better daughter, cousin, sister, niece, aunt, granddaughter for a while now and I think I'm on the right track.
So anyway, the movie's probably just biasa to everyone else but I liked it, cried my eyes out in the end.
What attracted me to The Soloist at first was because it has something to do with a musical prodigy, and its based on a true story.
But I think at the end of the movie, I realized it was more about friendship and helping people and feeling good.. but what happens after that?
Do you just leave? How do u sustain what you've started?
All this while, has it been about you or the person you've helped?
The story was a bit here and there though.
Jamie Foxx was excellent as a musically talented person diagnosed with schizo... coz I have first hand experience and he played the role perfectly.
I like him best among the (current) famous African American actors namely Morgan Freeman, Samuel L Jackson and Denzel Washington.
A really good drama movie to watch.
And The Hangover.. at first I was apprehensive, thought it was gonna be the typical funny movie with lame ass and overdone jokes.
But it was actually not bad!
I love it that there were suprises after surprises scene after scene, and they were good ones too!
And the simplest yet most wonderful surprise at the end of the movie was the best one.
Good thinking!
Very entertaining, a perfect movie to watch to just unwind and chillax and have a good laugh.
Role Models was just okay, and surprsingly, I did not dig Up! at all. I had too high an expectation of the movie coz everyone was telling me how good and funny and sad it was. Hate it when that happens coz I could've actually liked the movie more. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment