After I woke up from my evening nap yesterday, the first text I read on my phone was "Beyonce postponed"
I laughed like crazy.
It's the funniest thing I've heard all month.
I'm not being spiteful mind you.
With Rihanna and M Nasir (postponed for the second time urghhh) and all.
If I had actually bought Beyonce tickets, I probably would've thought that I'm the curse and subsequently vowed not to buy concert tickets ever again (after hearing the news).
Hmm.. ok no lah that's not gonna happen who am I kidding.
The question now is.. whose concert is gonna happen first... Beyonce, Rihanna or heck, M Nasir?
Bets anyone?
Still on the subject of curses (sort of), its kinda sad that some people still generalize when it comes to who studied where, I'm talking high school here.
And it usually comes from people from other SBPs too.
Furthermore, its particularly hurtful when good friends do that.
Haven't you've known me well enough to still put a stamp on me?
I used to do that too but as I get older, I've had the chance to know more people from different schools for the person that they are and not where they studied, and whatever generalization I made before felt childish and immature.
Although I don't deny that there are valid reasons for some these 'brandings'...
But some are also not true, or should I say apply only to particular individuals rather than the whole group.
Or maybe I'm just being too sensitive..
On a different note, as of yesterday.. I am officially a year older, so this is how it feels like to be 27 eh... (no difference LOL). My birthday resolution is to not lose my temper unnecessarily (have been happening quite frequently nowadays especially at work) .. no promises but I'll try my best. Jenson Button winning the Driver's Championship this year is the perfect birthday present for me.. as it was when Kimi won in 2007. And lastly, I'm all set for next year's vacation yeay! No more where-to-go-on-my-next-trip anxiety...
2 comments:
happy best-day kerr..!!
coincidentally, i had the same reaction when aku first dgr abt the beyonce's concert. don't know why it tickles me so much, maybe because from the beginning I was skeptical that her concert will ACTUALLY take place after all what happened to other concerts... huhuhu
thanks Phat! Beyonce's being a diva... haha.
Post a Comment