Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Feigning Indifference

I recently found out that my mom thinks I'll end up alone.
Its so typical of mothers (in general) to not reveal what they truly feel regarding this matter, but end up telling a stranger, in this case my friend who came to my house last weekend who had a chit chat with my mother while I was in my room getting ready to go out.
She started listing the names of all my good friends who are either married or doing something useful in their life like studying for masters and what not, and compared them to me obviously.
She sees that I do nothing but work, lepak and sleep.
Well I dont deny that I do all that haha.
But its not like I don't have a plan for the future, just haven't gotten around to take any action yet hahaha.
The point is, she's concerned, but will never say anything to me so that I won't feel pressured.
Which is a good thing really coz this topic is getting old and I'm tired of coming up with witty replies to the golden question.
I have settled with the answer "Just wait for the card" now, yeah even if it means waiting for the next 50 years, hahaha.
I will gladly pass the baton to my younger sister and her partner-to-be who have successfully completed the meet-the-parents ritual, both sides.
She has all my blessing hehe.

No comments: