Music: Live from Abbey Road -Norah Jones
Using my brother's new laptop that he got since he started working at HP. Sitting in front of the TV, watching Norah Jones on LfAR, I feel blissful. Finally I get to write something here. There's always something to do during the day, and at night, both my brother and sister conquer both the computers. Just when I complained about how my life's a bore, the very next day it started getting crazy, until like, today I guess. Haha. I'm quick to feel restless.
So last two Sundays, 25th Nov, I went to watch A1GP, thanks to Wanie my new friend. I was looking for free tickets, but couldn't get any. I though that since I'm so bored, why not check it out. I totally forgot that I went to last season's race. Haha. I only realized it when I was already on the way to Sepang. Same day another friend ajak pi picnic kat sungai mana ntah, had to decline, but I wasn't up to picnic-ing anyway. So at Sepang, we sat at the mall area. And since nobody was actually checking our tickets, I finally get to check out the Tower, some feature race was on at the time. Best jugak kalau next time duduk situ for F1. Then for A1, we went and sat at the start/finish line. Tak pernah lagi. Mainly coz I like seats at the corners instead of the grandstand. But this ain't F1, so why not seat there. Plus the opening ceremonies and podium was there. Even the Malaysia Team's pit is nearby, the first one to be exact. With the help of my binocular, I got to usha Alex Yoong, he's so goddamned gorgeous, it didn't matter that he sucked in the race hahaha. Very bad race. So, best jugak aa dok kat situ.
LfAR dah habis. Now watching Kimora on E!.
Monday and Tuesday (26th and 27th Nov), cam biasa lah, I worked morning shifts, and hit the gym later. On Thursday 28th, I got a pos laju from LiteFm, apparently I won the contest for some Live n Loud concerts. Haha, ingat dah tak menang dah. Guess my 500 word essay on why I want to meet James Morrison was good enough to win tickets. But so stupid lah, I won 1 ticket for Best of 80s and 1 for RnB night. Who in their right mind would want to go watch Dionne Warwick and Kci n Jojo, alone? Crap. And the Best of 80s night dah lepas dah pun, it was on 27th, remember i got the free tickets on 28th. Hampeh. And there was some confusion on which concert that I actually won the tickets. Ahh long story, malas nak citer. Baity knows. So anyway, I already got 2 free tickets to RnB night anyway, from another friend. So on the 28th, went to Stadium Negara. The concert started 2 hours late! 8.30pm to be exact. I was already there at 7pm. So we got rm330 tickets, ok gak aa seats. Banyak star-spotting. Izham Omar CEO 8tv sat in front of us, so ada laa a few artists yg datang jumpa dia. The show that night was best la jugak. I didn't know most of the singers though ahahahha. Ada Melissa (Malaysian), boleh tahan la suara dia, ada that Singaporean guy, Taufik, ada Nikki Malaysian Idol (aku baru tau sapa dia), ada ppl from Ruffedge and VE, ada Lil G and Silk, and ada Mint Condition. Basically, aku kenal Ruffedge and VE je hahahha. We didn't wait for Kci and Jojo coz it was already midnight, tak larat doh ngantok2. The stage lighting was awesome!! But the music was too loud. I'm very particular about this. But it was ok la not too bad. Could've been better.
Kimora dah habis. Layan The Rock Show on MTV pulak. Foo Fighters' Long Road to Ruin playing.
The next day, 29th Nov, was THE DAY. Live n Loud Acoustic night. woohooooooooooooo. I bought tickets to this one, mahal sekali punya, all because of James Morrison! Thanks to Wanie for... hmm what's the right word.. approaching me, I guess. hehehe. I reached KLCC close to 6pm, Wanie was already there, and before the crowd started building up, we were already in queue at the front door. Concert ni free seating (depending on what tickets you buy still), so since we got the most expensive one, nak laa duduk depan sekali right. I actually got 4 free tickets to the show tapi seat yg second mahal, so its ok, takde la rasa rugi beli seat mahal hahaha. Doors opened around 8pm, usha stage setting, decided on the best seat with the best view, and terus duduk lah. My cousin joined me, and we sat 2nd row, only because the front row was for VIPs. Concert started around 9pm. Dayang Nurfaizah performed first. Her performance wasn't up to what I expected. I thought she's be better than that. Dia nyanyi mmg sedap la, and banyak nyanyi cover, which I expected. But her show didn't catch my attention, sth like that. Tak kisah kalau performer to famous atau tidak, kalau tak best tu mmg tak best ah kan. She sang very good but my mind was elsewhere. So next was Rick Price. He was very good actually. He just played the semi-acoustic guitar, and the piano, and harmonica. Very talented lah he. But his songs are so mellow, too mellow. Half way through, I was already bored. He even sang a lullaby, the hell? Aku tidur betul2 karang. After one hour, he's done.
The whole hall was anxious for JM to come out, while waiting for the stage crews to set up. Suddenly this guy, whose haircut is sth like JM's came on stage, carrying a guitar. Girls were shouting everywhere, it was so loud. But sorry, it wasn't him! hahaha. It was one of the crews. The girls at the back was still shouting, apparently diorang tak sedar lagi kot tu bukan JM. Hahahah it was so funny. And then finally, JM pun naik stage, he cut his hair abit. Omg, I shouted like crazyyyyyyyyyy! Even aunty aku yg duduk kat depan aku (she was one of the VIPs) was shocked, and laughed at me the same time. Girls were shouting, "I love you James!". First song he sang was Undiscovered. omg.. sedap gilaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! In between songs, girls were shouting and stuff.. JM said we were rowdy. hahaha. hell yeah... once some jerit, "James, you're hot!" .. he replied, "No, I'm not that hot".. so cute! you should've seen it. He was wearing this vest thingy, and later on dia bukak coz he was hot. Again this girl behind shouted James you're hot, and he said, yeah he was hot, but because of the lights and all hahaha. Damn, when I write this, bunyi cam biasa je but he was so funny! Ada skali ni, this one guy shouted, "Your're sexy!".. satu hall gelak.. JM was like.. shocked ahhahaha. he was like... ok... man-to-man... i'm not like that haha, i'm not gay, but not that i have anything against gay ppl, it's a free world.. sth like that.. hahaha.. byk lagi aa.. girls shouting.. "Are you single?", stuff like that. Okay enough about ppl shouting. Lets talk about his show. He was soooo awesome! sedap gila dia nyanyi... full of energy... and charisma.. my aunty's client who didn't know who the hell JM is, declared after the show that he's now a new fan of JM. This is the difference between Dayang and JM. Dia nyanyi most of my favorite songs on the album, macam, How Come, This Boy, The Letter.. and of course, You Give Me Something and Pieces Don't Fit Here Anymore. Some cover songs, and also a new song of his, apparently we were the first in the world he played it to. Coolness. Banyak gak ahh dia nyanyi. He talks a lot to the audience in between songs. He was saying, someone thought he was a sad and depressed person. He was like, "Are you crazy?" hahaha. but then he said, it wasn't that surprising because if anyone listens to his album and hear his lyrics, mmg mostly sad songs pun. But no, he's not depressed. He's just fine. hahahah. After more than an hour, the concert was over. He went backstage, ppl were already filing out, then suddenly, dia keluar balik! wooohooooo encore!! I didn't expect it yo. Seriously, concert biasa mmg ada encore but this time I really thought there won't be any. He sang The Last Goodbye. Best nya!!!! It was the one of the best shows I've ever been to. Suka siot JM. The show was worth every penny! I have so much to say, but its been one week, dah tak ingat sangat, should've wrote down everything the very next day.
The next day, 30th Nov, some emergency family stuff took up the whole day.
1st December, I went to the Turn on The Pop Live n Loud concert at Bukit Kiara. My aunt had soooooo many complimentary tickets its was crazy. Close to 100 tickets like that. She got them only because the ticket sales has closed shop. I gave away 20 tickets to some friends, the rm260 ones. I took the rm500 ones, so my cousin and I dapat duduk depaaaaaaaaaannnn skali. Tengah pulak tu. We came around 8.30pm, dah ramai gila org, kena park jauh gila. The Malaysians artists were performing. But the crowd wasn't like packed, so we menyelit2 until dapat stand depan skali. Again, ada Ruffedge and VE guys and Nikki, Jac Victor, Noryn Aziz... and Anuar Zain!!!! aku teruja! the only thing that sucked was that, all of them sang cover songs, all english and mostly old songs. And cam ballad. Bukan pop. So it was kinda boring. They were good, especially Noryn Aziz and Anuar Zain, but their song choices tak best. And last2, semua ramai2 nyanyi That's What Friends Are For. Dude, aku teringat high school doh. They pulled Remy Innuendo on the stage. He's the guy behind Live and Loud. He's was the emcee at RnB and Acoustic night.
After their show was over, waited for 30 minutes and its time for Shaggy!! He's like sooo has been, but damn his performance best gila! Aku tau like 3 lagu je, yg Mr. Bombastic tu.. and then, yg.. you're my angel.. my darling angel... and the other one, yg .. it wasn't me.. hahaha. i forgot title lagu2 ni.. evenso, Shaggy knew how to work the crowd!! mmg best gila.. Again, the difference between Dayang and Shaggy. Tangan aku lenguh gila asyik2 waving2 je, dgn gaya2 18sx dia hahah. After Shaggy, who else but Whitney Houston. They took 1 hr to set up her stage, macam Sanitarium Tour lak.. it took more than 1 hour to set up the stage for Metallica. Remy announced that nobody is allowed to take any pictures or videos of Whitney while she's performing. Chehhh. bosan. But I did get to take a few pics and videos hahaha. Sorok2 aa kan. I was right under Whitney's nose, how can I not snap any? So, come Whitney, everybody was shouting and stuff, but it wasn't that fun coz after all the adrenalin rush and jumping around that Shaggy made us do, here was Whitney singing ballads and mellow songs. She was kinda semput actually. It was so obvious. She didn't sing songs yg kena tarik gila2 macam I Have Nothing. Suara dia mmg aa still sedap, but we all know what she's capable of, and she wasn't like what she used to. Well, I guess she did ok knowing that she had did have a coccaine addiction and I don't know if this true, but a friend told me she just went for surgery for stomach cancer. Ntah betul ntah tidak. She sang Exhale (Shoop Shoop) with her daughter. Malu2 je anak pompuan dia. So shy. Sweet ah. Tadi aku tgk E! News, diorang ada tunjuk youtube nye clip of Whitney performing. Masuk E! News tu. But all in all, Shaggy gak yg paling best skali. But aku lagi excited tgk Anuar Zain than any other performer that night, including Shaggy and Whitney. By the time I reached home (my cousin's house), it was 2.30am. lepak pulak borak2 and makan maggi with my cousins until 5.30am. Penat tak ingat dunia.
Next day, 2nd Dec.. I thought I was gonna go home... but, as much as I don't want to admit this, I have to.. I went to Live n Loud's final concert.. world music... I saw Mawi and friends... live! Ada Zahid, Bob, Mila... and banyak lagi kanak2 AF. Nama2 tu je yg aku kenal tapi ahahhaa. I cannot believe I went to this concert. Well, free tickets belambak2 kat rumah tu, and kena teman my nenek, who came all the way from Penang to see Mawi. Yeah my grandmother likes Mawi. Happening gak nenek aku nak pi tgk concert hahaha. So anyway, after the AF ppl, ada Zainal Abidin. Best doh dia. Tapi perform sekejap gila. Not even half hour. Aku tak puas hati. Next time he's performing somewhere else, I definitely wanna go.
Next day, 3rd Dec.. I went to watch the Champions Trophy hockey match.. free entrance.. Malaysia vs Pakistan.. dude... ramai gila Pakistani kat Bukit Jalil tu!! Kena choose seat betul2, tanak duduk kat diorang nye crowd hahaha. Best gak aa match tu... Pakistan lead 2-0 at half time, pastu kita kejar balik.. so it was 2-2. Not bad. Enjoyed myself a lot. Since I've never been to a hockey match before. Excluding ice hockey lah. Maybe I wanna go watch the finals this weekend, eventhough confirm bukan Malaysia main hahaha.
And yesterday, well.. just went to the office for a meeting. That's all. So there. One week of activities.. I'm kinda tired now. Cleaned up the house good, something I do only when my parents are not around hahaha. I don't know why. My hands are kinda sore from all this typing.
I wish I could post pictures, but the internet is not too good right now. Upload lembab gila.. so maybe next time, maybe tmrw, I'll be working night shift so internet connection sana laju sikit lagi2 tgh2 malam buta. See how la if I'm up for it.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment