Friday, February 24, 2006

Sunrise... Nippon!!! lol.. one of my fav Arashi songs.. I've been listening to nothing but Jrocks and Jpops for the past.. 3 months! If I had some Japanese basics... like 101 or 102 level.. with the amount of Japanese shows I've been watching.. that includes Jdoramas and animes and variety shows... I think I can speak Japanese fairly well already! It's like practice.. lol... A friend of mine who studied in Japan, asked me... did I regret going to US instead of Japan.. seeing how crazy I was regarding all things Japanese (I probably know more than him).. I thought for a moment.. and guess what laa.. I don't regret it lah! zen zen! I love my time in the States, the things I did, the friends I made, the places I went, I love Umich.. hahahh..

considering the level of my Japan-craze, I'm not that interested in learning Japanese.. I'm more interested in Mandarin.. I have so much time on my hands right now, so I've been thinking about many8000x things for the past 5 weeks.. one of them was.. are there any regrets during my years in Umich.. well, aku ni jenis jarang regret.. to me its a useless thing to do.. why regret? its a waste of time and energy, what can u do when u regret? u cannot turn back time.. regret makes u more frustrated than u already are... its easier to look forward and plan ur next action.. ahahaha sounds lame and corny and macam bagus.. but that is my outlook on "regrets" throughout all this years... BUT... of course i have a regret or two.. i'm not perfect..

one thing I really regret was.. not taking Mandarin classes since freshman.. hahaha seriously... I would've been up to the 300 level if I did... I only took Chinese 101.. we learned 300 new characters and words in 4 months.. I can speak and write about lots of stuff already... my lao shi said after taking Chinese 102, we're already good to go to China.. imagine if I was at the 300 level! even so, now I've forgotten most of what I've learnt, I can probably remember less than 50 characters.. the Chinese characters and Japanese punya Kanji also have the same meaning but different sounds.. lets say I'm already fluent in Mandarin, I can actually read Japanese... accept for the Hiragana and Katakana.. but after remembering all the Chinese characters.. learning and memorizing Hiragana and Katakana wouldn't be that bad coz they're much easier.. haha this is what I think.. I dunno why I'm so interested in Mandarin.. even so, I'm not really doing anything to ingat balik everything that I've learnt haha..

I hope one day I will though...

No comments: