AUSTRALIAN OPEN
-------------------
Half way through the quarterfinals for Oz Open. That's all I watch now. Today I watched 10 hours of tennis, all the 4 games scheduled for today. Everywhere I look is green now. Why lah Davenport lost, I wanted her to win. But Justine HH has been winning their last 5 or 6 meets anyway.. not that it matters to me, but mat salleh's are always big on statistics right.
Was also rooting for Ljubicic.. not because I didn't like Bagdhatis, but I don't like his supporters.. damned noisy lah! Little did I know that Ljubicic's fans were the same, hah! But I rooted for him anyway. The fans were freakin rowdy. Several times the players had to wait till they settle down to serve. Shut up lah u ppl these players need to concentrate! There was a point where the umpire had to ask them to be quiet. Damned Greeks and Croatians!! o btw I think Croatia's flag is pretty fancy, ne? omg I loved Ljubicic's aces.. pinpoint gila babi.. one time he hit aces 3 times in a row.. I don't know whether that's unusual or not since I'm still a noob when it comes to tennis.. but I thought that it was reaally awesome! But Bagdhatis won anyway. Can't believe he's only 20.. he looks like 30 to me lol.
I didn't watch the game where he beat Roddick.. ahh should've watched that one. I thought Roddick was playing really well for all his matches thus far. So this 54 seeded guy just kicked 3rd and 7th seed players out of the tourny. Let's see how he fairs in the semis. Oh yeah interesting quote from Roddick when asked about what he thought of Bagdhatis' supporters.. "I have half naked women and he has sweaty men".. hahahahah right on lah Andy woi.
The game was very similar to the Federer vs Tommy Haas 4th round match.. Also an aweseome match that one. Speaking of Haas, I think he looks more like an American.. the highh school jockey type.. maybe I don't know how Germans look like in general. Federer so calm and cool as always.. I long to see the day he cracks under pressure and shows some emotions on court haha.. Sharapova vs Petrova plak.. both didn't play up to their potential, they won points mostly off unforced errors and double faults. That frilly 'nightie' that Sharapova chose to wear this time really stirred things up haha.. Glam Slam.. Nalbandian played great too. Poor Santoro.
Oohh I think the Hewitt's second round game where he lost was an awesome match too.. haha game dah lapuk, tak patut cerita dah.. but it was emotional really.. Martina Hingis the comeback queen ahahh.. hebat2.. best ah tgk dia main.. sweet je senyum selalu.. unlike Sharapova.. muka cam nak makan orang..
And since when I'm interested in tennis? Apa lagi kalau bukan influence dari anime.. yet again hahah.. Prince of Tennis best gila, as soon as I finished watching that, it was Wimbledon 2005. Right timing.
Looking forward to tomorrow's games..
No comments:
Post a Comment