Note: Made this trip end of 2015
Kashan & Abyaneh & Esfahan
Day 4
Today's story is pretty boring i think. I dont have much to say, and nothing you cant find out on the internet if you're interested to know more about the places I visited. I'll put more pictures instead :)
The next morning, we said bye to Fatima, and headed out with Mostafa her husband, where he drove us to the place we were going to visit, namely some old houses turned into museum and a traditional bath house. That same morning, he was going to an interview of some sort for his eventual military service thing. After he dropped us, we put our bags at his friend's bookshop nearby, and started our self-tour. First up was a place called Tabatabei House. Its basically the house of a former carpet businessman, he was also very rich in his time about 200 years ago, its really pretty.. the artwork is very intricate and detailed, the architect was a famous Iranian named Kamal al-Mulk, there's a square in the middle, as always, rooms for guests and praying rooms and servants room, and all that. There was a Iranian guide there with some tourists from China, so we found most of these details and history of the house from her.. I usually do this actually, when i don't hire guides coz im a cheapskate,, I'd leech onto other people's guides hahahaha.


Next we walked for 5 minutes to another house called the Borujerdi House. The story was that the man who built this house, wanted to marry the daughter of the owner of Tabatabei House, but his future father in law said, he has to first build a house as lavish and equal to his house because his daughter is used to living like a princess, in short. hahahahha. So he built Bourjerdi House, however it took too long to build it, and after 4 years and the still under construction, the father allowed his daughter to marry this guy, and he continued to build it and completed it after 17 years. lol. But still, it wasnt as impressive as the father in laws house.


Next was the Sultan Amir Ahmad hammam, which is a traditional bath house. Very pretty and beautiful, i would love to go to a real working bath house that looks like this. I kinda regretted not going to the bath houses when I was in Budapest back in 2013. Im determined to go to one when I visit Istanbul one day. This bath house also had really interesting looking water tanks located at the roof top.

We finished our self tour about 10 minutes before the appointed time our driver arranged by Mostafa to take us to our next destination which was Abyaneh. We agreed on the taxi price, then hopped in to the car to make a pitstop to a Fin Garden. There are several fin gardens all around Iran, which have been designated as Unesco World Heritage sites.


TBC
Kashan & Abyaneh & Esfahan
Day 4
Today's story is pretty boring i think. I dont have much to say, and nothing you cant find out on the internet if you're interested to know more about the places I visited. I'll put more pictures instead :)
The next morning, we said bye to Fatima, and headed out with Mostafa her husband, where he drove us to the place we were going to visit, namely some old houses turned into museum and a traditional bath house. That same morning, he was going to an interview of some sort for his eventual military service thing. After he dropped us, we put our bags at his friend's bookshop nearby, and started our self-tour. First up was a place called Tabatabei House. Its basically the house of a former carpet businessman, he was also very rich in his time about 200 years ago, its really pretty.. the artwork is very intricate and detailed, the architect was a famous Iranian named Kamal al-Mulk, there's a square in the middle, as always, rooms for guests and praying rooms and servants room, and all that. There was a Iranian guide there with some tourists from China, so we found most of these details and history of the house from her.. I usually do this actually, when i don't hire guides coz im a cheapskate,, I'd leech onto other people's guides hahahaha.
Next we walked for 5 minutes to another house called the Borujerdi House. The story was that the man who built this house, wanted to marry the daughter of the owner of Tabatabei House, but his future father in law said, he has to first build a house as lavish and equal to his house because his daughter is used to living like a princess, in short. hahahahha. So he built Bourjerdi House, however it took too long to build it, and after 4 years and the still under construction, the father allowed his daughter to marry this guy, and he continued to build it and completed it after 17 years. lol. But still, it wasnt as impressive as the father in laws house.
Next was the Sultan Amir Ahmad hammam, which is a traditional bath house. Very pretty and beautiful, i would love to go to a real working bath house that looks like this. I kinda regretted not going to the bath houses when I was in Budapest back in 2013. Im determined to go to one when I visit Istanbul one day. This bath house also had really interesting looking water tanks located at the roof top.
We finished our self tour about 10 minutes before the appointed time our driver arranged by Mostafa to take us to our next destination which was Abyaneh. We agreed on the taxi price, then hopped in to the car to make a pitstop to a Fin Garden. There are several fin gardens all around Iran, which have been designated as Unesco World Heritage sites.
TBC
No comments:
Post a Comment