Music: Redbone by Childish Gambino
Music is significant in my life. For many songs, there is always an association with something, an event, a feeling, a person, a period in my life (good and bad), an emotion. And this one by Childish Gambino just reminds me of how happy I am, then when i first heard it, and now, and the reasons behind it.
My past 10 or so posts (discounting the Iran Chronicles) seems to be very depressing indeed, i guess whenever i feel truly down with no one to talk to, i come here. But let me set the record straight, i'm usually quite happy and contented with my life and where I am, especially right now. Nothing fancy, not that I've achieved great success or whatever, but life's definitely good.
I haven't been writing much (like duh).. I feel like i've lost my flair in writing, not that i was any good before but it has been better, i think. I should write more, just to get back in the groove, and talk about the good instead of depressing stuff. Oh btw, that 'friend' that I thought i lost, is back. I was just being a girl. I overreacted. Damn I need to get my cool back.
Anyway, recent conversations with a friend seems to have (inadvertently) jogged forgotten memories that I never knew I have in me (those in my brain's external hard drive rather than my brain cache, long term memory so to speak). And one of those things is that, I have a blog. So now this what I'll try to do, I'm gonna start writing again, here. Probably will start with the easy ones like reviews on books, series, and movies, but only those that actually piques my interest and makes me somewhat excited and feel strongly about. Then maybe occasionally I'll reminisce episodes of my travels.
I find it hard to believe that i've been to over 40 countries. Sometimes I feel even shy to admit that. Wonder why? Its not a fact that I'd shout about. But sometimes, people ask. And I'd be slightly segan to say. Again, I wonder why? After all these years, I still can't understand myself sometimes. But I have a few good friends who knows me better than I do, whom I can count on for prognosis and diagnosis when I feel blurry and confused.
Enough silly ramblings, I'm gonna get back to watching this brilliant series called Billions. My current marathon, at the expense of my readings, but not my sleep.
Music is significant in my life. For many songs, there is always an association with something, an event, a feeling, a person, a period in my life (good and bad), an emotion. And this one by Childish Gambino just reminds me of how happy I am, then when i first heard it, and now, and the reasons behind it.
My past 10 or so posts (discounting the Iran Chronicles) seems to be very depressing indeed, i guess whenever i feel truly down with no one to talk to, i come here. But let me set the record straight, i'm usually quite happy and contented with my life and where I am, especially right now. Nothing fancy, not that I've achieved great success or whatever, but life's definitely good.
I haven't been writing much (like duh).. I feel like i've lost my flair in writing, not that i was any good before but it has been better, i think. I should write more, just to get back in the groove, and talk about the good instead of depressing stuff. Oh btw, that 'friend' that I thought i lost, is back. I was just being a girl. I overreacted. Damn I need to get my cool back.
Anyway, recent conversations with a friend seems to have (inadvertently) jogged forgotten memories that I never knew I have in me (those in my brain's external hard drive rather than my brain cache, long term memory so to speak). And one of those things is that, I have a blog. So now this what I'll try to do, I'm gonna start writing again, here. Probably will start with the easy ones like reviews on books, series, and movies, but only those that actually piques my interest and makes me somewhat excited and feel strongly about. Then maybe occasionally I'll reminisce episodes of my travels.
I find it hard to believe that i've been to over 40 countries. Sometimes I feel even shy to admit that. Wonder why? Its not a fact that I'd shout about. But sometimes, people ask. And I'd be slightly segan to say. Again, I wonder why? After all these years, I still can't understand myself sometimes. But I have a few good friends who knows me better than I do, whom I can count on for prognosis and diagnosis when I feel blurry and confused.
Enough silly ramblings, I'm gonna get back to watching this brilliant series called Billions. My current marathon, at the expense of my readings, but not my sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment