I've been listening to this Vietnamese rock singer named Buc Tuong for a while now. His songs are amazing!! In fact, i've listened to so many good Vietnamese songs lately.. Owing to the fact that i hang out with these friends of mine almost all the time here.
Somehow anything Vietnamese, or the country itself has never crossed my mind much all these years. I've only realised now how great the country is.. With its rich culture and history.. And people.. The countrymen that i've gotten to know here are some of the most awesome ppl i've ever met. I never thought that i could have such meaningful and great relationships with ppl other than malaysians. In fact, its been so natural and easy. I feel so at ease, and we can joke around like they are malaysians, like the cultural barrier dont exist. I can truly be myself around them, with no reservations. I dont have to think of what i am gonna say or what type of jokes i can make and all the usual things that sometimes i think would not be appropriate to say or do. Its nothing like i've ever experienced with any foreigners back in the states. Maybe the setting also helps, as we are such a close knit group here. Whereas in the states i was mostly confined with the group of malaysians. And contact with non malaysians are just superficial and only as much as necessary..
I can count on and depend on these guys like i could with my closest friends back home. As much as i miss home so much lately, these guys make up a lot to lessen the homesick feeling.
Eventhough its gonna be another year and a half before i leave this place, i am already imagining how sad i would feel then.. It would probably hit me real hard.. To leave all these great friends that i have now. Im not just talking about Vietnamese now of course.
Somehow i think its the full moon that is making me all emotional hahaha.
I hope im not speaking too soon with all that i've just said. 18 months is a long way to go and who knows what might change right? But i guess even if the end doesnt turn out so great, i could look back at this post and remember how good it feels now, the things that makes me happy in this moment. Now is good. Im just cherishing the moment... And the good feelings and memories thus far.
Somehow it feels like i've been here a year instead of 5 months.. And this song is really feeding my emotions with the soothing melody.. If only i can understand what Buc Tuong is singing about..
No comments:
Post a Comment