Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Late Night Ramblings

Music: Desert Dream by Larkin Poe

I don't feel like sleeping yet even though I'm almost sleepy, its the moment from not sleepy to becoming sleepy, different from the moment from already feeling sleepy to actually going to sleep. Haha merepek nya la.

A dream that I had a few weeks back featuring a friend came true for said person. First time something like this ever happened. Its rather amazing really. I just found out about it a few hours ago because my friend said my 'premonition' came true. For a split second I couldn't understand the code-speak. Anyway, I'm really happy that the dream will materialize Insya Allah because its a good thing and a once in lifetime chance (for most people our age). Alhamdulillah.

When D texted me saying she successfully climbed to the Low's Peak, I was so happy and proud of her because she did the harder Mesilau trail and also had to endure rain all the way to the top. Yes D I'm very proud of you and B!! Couldn't help reminiscing my own trip last year which was nothing short of amazing. I wrote about it at length, (http://emkerr.blogspot.com/2010/07/conquering-lows-peak.html), and I was reminded of the painful descent due to the pain I felt on my left knee, which was unbearable. What I did not mention in my post was that all the way during my climb down, I really had to get it together because even the slightest negative thought would've made me give up, I was praying for Allah's help every step I took. The ordeal was so severe and I had to endure it all alone because everyone else were way ahead of me and had to wait for a couple of hours or more for me, another thing that made me feel super duper guilty. Can you imagine how hungry and tired everyone was? and to be made worse because of me. But I'm happy that I have wonderful friends. Upon seeing everyone at the Timpohon Gate, the tears that I had been holding back for 6 hours came gushing down, to which I'm still kinda ashamed whenever I think about it. The miraculous thing was that, the pain totally disappeared the next day, one of the few experiences I had of having Allah grant my wish almost immediately. By the time we got into the bus to bring us back to Kinabalu Park, it rained cats and dogs. Another prayer answered. Allahu Akbar.

TNB has been getting the limelight lately (in Malaysian biz news) because of the dire situation of gas shortage that has been going for almost a year, because of Petronas. The problem is really severe and we have been operating under constraint conditions that could prove detrimental to the future of energy security in our country the longer this problem persists. As always with reading reports or articles on internet news portals, I would make it a point to glance through the comments sections to know what others think and gauge the understanding/sentiment of the masses, so to speak. And unsurprisingly, tnb gets the all the blame and hit real hard, all the reasons under the sun that you can think of. Experts, professionals, analysts of the power sector understand the real reason of our problem, which is not our fault really. Its disheartening to see so many people who are always quick to express opinions and put blames before getting to know the facts first. A friend said we should take comments with a grain of salt, to which I totally agree, but I would also like to say that is important for us to get the facts right, before saying anything. This is something that I've clearly seen throughout the years since I came back 6 years ago. It has made me aware, and I try my utmost best to avoid doing it. I am not defending the company I'm working at, but this story is just to give an example.

Some people complain about tnb's bad customer service, and when they come to me, I don't defend nor do I agree. I have never had any bad experience, but I can't discount others' experience. I notice that having a tnb employee listen to their complaints make them feel better, sometimes they just want to rant their dissatisfaction and it does more good for me to empathize with their situation rather than go all out defending tnb.

Have you ever come across a situation, whereby a person of another race diss his/her own race for a bad habit/thing they do, and when we comment "hey you are a >insert race< too", the person would say "its ok im allowed to say bad things about my own race, but its not ok for someone of a different race to do it". I find this totally ridiculous. A bad thing is a bad thing regardless of race. To put it in a different perspective, its like I can say all the bad things I want about tnb because I work for the company, but if non-employees yg kutuk, I would be mad. Ridiculous! One has to admit both the good and bad of something/someone without discrimination. That's the fair and rational thing to do.

A little heavy a topic for a late night ramble haha sorry about that. 

1 comment:

D said...

Kerr so sweet.. Fyi I was hysterical a bit mase descend kat batu2 yg kena turun with rope coz the guy above me swung the rope and my legs were lifted off the rocks. I lost my balance & confidence instantly. Nasib ade cheerleader b, enol and shah and abg porter.But i'm glad I did it!! Priceless experience!