Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Talk Much?

I wonder how does it feel to be a psychiatrist?
In essence, a psychiatrist gets paid to listen to the deepest innermost thoughts of others.. right?
They would know the darkest of secrets of these troubled humans.. crazy ones I bet.
And they can't tell anyone else about it..

Why I can't be a psychiatrist..
1) I won't be able to keep a straight face...
2) I don't think I can abide by the doctor-patient confidentiality thing.. the things I know might be too juicy to be kept to myself (hahaha). But it only applies to strangers. I can keep secrets (when it comes to friends).
3) I can't be fully rational, my emotions would get in the way of giving advice or thinking objectively.

Those are some of the reasons I can think of for now.

Sometimes it is easier to talk about stuff that you don't feel comfortable telling your friends, with a stranger.
I think everyone has done this at one point or another in their life.
Be it anonymously over the internet via a chat room or forum..
Or maybe some random person you met somewhere who is a nice person and you started talking and happen strike a chord with.
I guess this is the idea of postsecret.. (go to http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/) if you don't know what I'm talking about.
(I don't think it would work on my, but that's another topic altogether)
I have so many things on my mind that I'm keeping to myself, and I can't bring myself to talk about it to anybody that I know.
Which makes me want to find a total stranger with no associations or connections whatsover to my circle of friends (impossible in Malaysia right.. everybody knows somebody).
Which in turn leads me to wonder how would it be like to talk to a psychiatrist..
Which is even better than a total stranger coz psychiatrists are trained doctors and stuff..
I think the general assumption that someone who sees one is troubled or crazy is not entirely true.
Some people just wanna talk about stuff to a stranger.
But what if the stranger becomes a friend later on?
Would it be good or bad? I think it would be bad.
This newly acquired friend would be someone who knows everything about you, but you don't know anything about him/her.

I just finished watching an episode of Private Practice which spurred these thoughts.

Wanna say more but shift will be over soon. gtg.

2 comments:

SRS said...

Aku pun pernah rasa camtu dulu which led me to think that I should find a pen pal to cerita all the things I didn't want to cerita to anybody here hahah! Tapi tulaa...kena carik stranger from luar negara so that confirm takde sape kat msia kenal. But aku end up tak buat pape about it pun hehe.

K said...

kan?!! hahahha. i want a shrink.