Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Music: A Rush of Blood to The Head by Coldplay

Birthday shout out to my girl Baity!!!!
Oi deskmate.. what are you up to? Call me.

***

Its not yet noon and I've been awake for the past 3 hours.
The sky is dark, its drizzling.. and I'm not in bed.
A personal achievement! where my off days are concerned.

*SPOILER ALERT**
I finally watched 3:10 to Yuma last night.
I've been holding it off for quite a while, coz I despise cowboy movies, more than woods and jungles.
A bunch of guys wearing multi layers of dirty clothings and very big boots at what seem like a very hot place (usually the desert), faces unshaven and scruffy looking, cowboy hats that never seem to fall off their heads when they ride the horses..
And don't get me started on the accent! i don't like southern accents, period.
On with it, in an effort to get rid of it from my HD, i had to watch it.
And surprise2.. I actually enjoyed the movie.
One of the reasons that encouraged me was in the form of Christian Bale..
He absolutely can do no wrong by me.
Russell Crowe, maybe a little, but not so much.
Thank god his bulging belly didn't show as much as it did in American Gangster.
The lack of southern accents made it better.
The movie really showed how humans connect, how we develop the affection and relationship with one another, but not simply with anyone.
This connection really affects and influences how we act and make decisions etc.
Actually its much more complex, I don't know how to describe what I'm thinking.
So Crowe was the bad guy in the movie, which was weird.
He's always the good guy. At first I thought the character didn't suit him.
Then you kinda understand the character more as the movie develops, and maybe, just maybe, the character suits him really well, I thought.
He's the villain, he kills anyone without compromise, but when he encountered Bale's character, only then he seemed like he's being himself, he became considerate and seemed like he has a heart after all.
Being the boss of a mob gang was just a front, that's how I saw it anyway.
Many times I tried to switched the actors, Bale the bad guy an Crowe the good guy.
My head got messed up cause it was just weird when you think it that way.

Good movie. 7 stars!

No comments: