Saturday, May 10, 2008

Music: Love Song by Sara Bareilles

At home.
Insomniac attack.. at least till 3am (usually).
Made me a cup of hot milo.
Figured I'd drop by here and talk crap.

I've been looping this song for the past 30 minutes.
Whenever I think of JT's and Madonna's collabo.. Britney comes to mind.
To be exact, aaaaa JT tiruuuu sebokkkk je. Britney dah buat dulu. wahahaha
but of course its not actually like that lah kan i think its awesome that artists join forces and produce songs together, but only when it turns out to be good.
I think its a smart move by Madonna as well, for her career and longevity, she did say she wanted to conquer the world, many years ago..
I also looveee Fallout Boys' and John Mayer's cover of Beat It. Would it be as awesome if John Mayer had no involvement whatsoever? Maybe. Well, I don't really feel like giving Fallout Boy that much credit coz they're not that great a band. I guess its Maybe Not then.

Anyway, I do have something un-crappy to say.
Today (yesterday), went to an RPM session.
As usual, the first thing to do is choose the right location.
Do not ride next to people that can potentially emit pungent bodily antics.
However mean that may sound, its for your own good!
Usually you are able to kinda guess who might have B.O..
And I've identified faces of people who do.. through experience, unfortunately.

Sometimes you come in early and choose a bike and everything is set you're warming up while waiting for the instructor to start the class and the bike next to you is still empty and just as the class is about to commence and you think you're safe suddenly some smelly-ass comes in at the last minute (at this point u still don't know that fact, unless its someone you've pre-identified through experience like i said before) and i being the lucky one that s-ass chooses the empty bike next to me when there's 20 other empty bikes in the room and it so happens that this s-ass is the very definition of what i've been tactifully(?) trying to avoid, and its not like the s-ass has even started perspiring and can you imagine when he/she actually does oh no please somebody save me!

That's just one scenario.

Anyway, moving on, today the class wasn't full and i chose my favorite spot plus the person next to my favorite bike looked clean and harmless lol.
As I was adjusting my bike and stuff..
Only later did I properly looked at my neighbor.. i properly looked at her belly to be exact..
She was freakin pregnant!
Her belly was huugeee..
From the looks of it, I'd guess she was about 7 to 8 months preggers (wahahha macam E! plak)..
And she's in the freakin RPM class!
Which is a hardcore class that burns 500-700kcals in a 50-minute session (depending on how much effort you put in, in terms of the load/gear, and course, you can't cheat).
And the first person that came to mind is of course lah sapa lagi kalau bukan.. Elly!! hehehe
so now we know its not impossible..
but of course i have to say that this lady did not rpm secara hard core lah.. she kinda took it easy with low gears and did not do standing hill climb, power training and top speed.
even the instructor (who called her mama) told her to ride at her own pace.
But nevertheless.. i was totally awed.

And let me take this opportunity to say, rpm classes have the best workout songs ever!
The kind of songs that pumps you up whenever you listen to them.
And rpm songs are really fast, like 140-160bpm.
And I like it better when (some) instructors choose awesome cool down songs, the kind that can describe the feeling of satisfaction after a grueling workout, melancholy at the same time, with a hint of grandeur (imagine epic war movies and you've just won a battle of cosmic proportions).

(After all this, why am i still the same size? oh yeah.. coz i eat A LOT)

No comments: