Night shift.
TV is behind me, so I'm 'listening' to American Idol.. marathon on Star World.
I want David to win! Hahahahha ok both Davids are finalists, idiot.
I like both of them!
Marie Digby Live in KL
---------------------------
So, of course I went to see her.
Free show at One Utama 8pm last Wednesday
Plus its HER!
Swapped shifts with my colleague, as I was supposed to work evening shift.
I almost cancelled cause at the same time there was a trip to this power station in PD to witness something.. and I wanted to go.
After some thinking.. I said to myself..
Nahhhh.. I can go to power stations anytime and this is probably the only time that Marie's coming to KL (to do a free show, that is).
Sampai2 OU... ramai gila org okayyyy.
I didn't expect that.
Although I think half the people there didn't really know who she was and knew none of her songs, except her cover version of Rihanna's Umbrella.
View from 3rd Floor
Anyway, searched high and low, literally, for a good spot but to no avail.
In the end, we decided to hang around this small make shift room behind the stage.
Clearly, Marie was in there, or so we thought.
After some few minutes, suddenly there were shouts and surprise, surprise, Marie was coming down the escalator behind the stage..
Surrounded by 4 Men in Blacks aka bodyguards, very tall, wearing suits and black shoes and all.
And Marie was soooo cantik and pretty omg she was soooo hot!
Just like in the youtube vids.. even better actually..
And then she was led by the MIBs into the small room.
Then we walked around in search (again) for a good spot to watch her performance.
I finally found a perfect place, given the circumstances.
After some singing by some unknowns and endless gibberish by the emcees,
Marie finally came on stage.
And it was obvious that she was shocked with the number of people that turned up.
Her performance was okay..
'Okay' because the audience were noisy and I couldn't properly listen to her sing.
She played the acoustic guitar and the piano and there was another guy accompanying her.
I only recognized a few songs though.
She sang Fool and Say It Again (on guitar) and Stupid For You (on piano).
She said something about her dog before singing Stupid For You.. only people who saw her youtube vid should understand why!
And of course, she sang Umbrella.
View from my 'perfect' spot. I was standing on a sofa.
And then after some time, org sebelah (who were also standing on a sofa) kena sound dengan pak guard, so I stepped down from mine and moved to another location.
By this time, the crowd was already a little dispersed so I was able to get closer to the stage.
Her guitar so nice! I like.
Again, ramai org cam gila, and there this one guy suggested to go hang out at the other entrance to the GAP store.
So we went but it was locked and grilled, but we decided to wait there anyway assuming its where Marie's gonna exit.
Ate sushi courtesy of Dy (thank youuuuu lapar gila masa tu).
After god knows how long, we were bored waiting, the guy who suggested to wait there was long gone, there were only 5 of us there.
Some went to check out what's going on in front.
It seems that there was almost nobody left except photographers (mostly) and like 10-15 others.
So I bought her CD and went in to get her autograph.
To tell you the truth, I don't excited about getting autographs of famous ppl.
But I was excited to get to see her up close, and shake her hands and talk for a bit.
Well, the only thing I said then was, 'can I take a picture with you?'
But the super rude MIBs said no..
The 4 of them was standing around the table that Marie was sitting at.
It was as if Marie was the President of United States.
Dude, give her some space lahh.
Some up close shots that I managed to snap before the MIBs shooed me away. Retards.
After that, we went back to our spot behind the GAP store, and whaddaya know.. it wasn't locked anymore.
Confirm lah dia exit kat situ.
After 15 minutes or so, she came out with those blardy MIBs.
There were so little of us, again, we asked if we could take a pic with her, but the rude MIBs said no and said she wants to go home.
Who the f hell are you to say what she wants or dont want?..
Idiots..
But anyway, go here to see the vid taken (by Dy's bro) of the whole exit ordeal..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOX8jtHJXnU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOX8jtHJXnU
And Marie herself commented on it. She said:
MarieDigby (1 day ago) Show Hide
0 Marked as spam
Reply Spam
I wanted to stop so badly !! I was warned by everyone not to stop no matter what but it's not in my nature !! I would stay there for two days if i could to say hi to everybody. The organizers knew that if I had my way, I would have missed my flight back home. When I left there.. they put me in a van and I went directly to the airport. But please know that , that day was one of the happiest of my life and I am so grateful I had the chance to perform for you guys :)
Hehehehe... awesome! Marie so nice of you to drop a comment..0 Marked as spam
Reply Spam
I wanted to stop so badly !! I was warned by everyone not to stop no matter what but it's not in my nature !! I would stay there for two days if i could to say hi to everybody. The organizers knew that if I had my way, I would have missed my flight back home. When I left there.. they put me in a van and I went directly to the airport. But please know that , that day was one of the happiest of my life and I am so grateful I had the chance to perform for you guys :)
And it was 11.30-ish by the time I reached home.
It was a very satisfying night indeed, just marred by the MIBs who were total assholes.. Marie, please don't ever hire these people ever again!!
To think I'd go visit a power station instead!.. lol
Karnival Sukan TNB 2008
-------------------------------
Ahhh.. ceritanya begini..
A few weeks ago I went for selection for futsal women's team.
They were looking for 8 ppl, and at least 2 players have to be executives.
There were 3 execs who came for the selection, and needless to say..
I wasn't selected.. wahahahhaha..
Then on Wednesday, I found out that one the girls on the team injured herself (terpeleot kat curb).
On Thursday, I got word that I was asked to replace this injured girl..
lucky!
So found someone to take my shift at work, and off I went to Uniten.
Crazy lah.. there were so many TNB people who came from all over Malaysia, around 800 ppl.
The teams were divided into Zon Utara, Timur, Selatan and Metro.
I represented Zon Metro, obviously.
My team mates were like super skilled futsal players lah.
Half of them were ex hockey players for Malaysia.
I was, essentially, a reserve, the player they wouldn't want to send into the field unless we were already leading by at least 2-0.. hahahaha
Yes... I was that player.. ahhaha..
But I guess its understandable, cause I was clearly the least skilled of the whole bunch, and I didn't even attend practices since I wasn't selected initially.
But still I got to play in all the games which was very thoughtful and kind of the coach.
Anyway it was fun playing in a tournament after so long, and we won first place yeahooo.
There were loads of freebies.
And we got pocket money too. Macam masa zaman Sukom pulak.
Other games contested were netball, bowling, road relay 1.4km, golf, ping pong, badminton, tarik tali and karom.
Hmm.. I didn't take any pictures though.
Introducing, my kitty cats
-------------------------------
And their names as given by my mom and sister...
ALIEN. The ugliest kitten I've ever seen! Hahahaha.
TIGER. My favorite.
TEDDY BEAR. Comot tak ingat.
YODA. It's not clear from this picture, but the ears are really big.
No comments:
Post a Comment