Thursday, February 15, 2007

Music: Unforgettable by Natalie Cole

Hao peng you.. Ni zai nali?
Ichiban tomodachi.. Anatawa doko?
I have tons of friends..
Lots of good friends..
And a handful of very good friends..
But best friends.. has amounted to none.. zilch.
Everyone's busy with their own lives..
Chasing careers..
Building families..
Maybe the way I interpret a "best friend" is a little different..
Maybe my expectations are too high..
Maybe I take too much..
and give too little..

Work is okay, will be very busy for the next few months..
But the satisfaction that I used to get from my work has dwindled..
I'm ready to move on to new things
Do something more important.. as in more technical
Gotta tell my boss to give me more responsibilities
Gotta gain more trust
I guess I have to move up a notch and study harder..
Show that I'm capable
Oh well..

Life is not mundane, I'm always doing something or going somewhere..
after work.. and during weekends..
But it's also kinda stagnant in a way..
Apart from saving up money
and paving my career path..
I don't really have any other goals..
Can't get rid of this hollow feeling that's always lingering around the corner..
What are my long term plans?
The next obvious thing to do.. is.. what else other than getting married, right?
(Damn, asyik2 cakap pasal kawin.. bosan dah aku..)
At the end of the day (I hate this sentence, soooo freakin overused in TNB, it makes me sick)
I feel unfulfilled..

Haha, do I sound melancholic? Or depressed?
(Blame this Natalie Cole song! LOL)
No, definitely not depressed.
Just.. empty.

Anyhoo, I'm reading this book titled Wicked.
It's about the Wicked Witch of The West in Wizard of Oz..
Everyone knows about Dorothy Gale with the Red Shoes..
the Scarecrow with No Brains..
the Tinman with No Heart..
the Cowardly Lion..
But what about the Green Witch with The Pointed Nose and Long Hat?
How did she grow up?
Who are her parents?
What's her real name?
Are there important people that she cares about in her life?
Is she really a bad person, or circumstances turned her into the Wicked Witch?
It's the kind of book that makes you think outside the box..
Bought it like more than a month ago..
Since I don't have a definite long term plan..
A short term plan will suffice for now..
I'm gonna finish this book this CNY holidays.. hehe
Nearly half way through..
I heard that the broadway in US is like..
totally awesome and the storyline is sooo sad that people cry..
I could use a good cry right about now..

p/s: Elly, nanti aku email gambar nikah Jirah+Matde

No comments: