Saturday, August 20, 2011

Writing Opportunity

Its gonna rain soon and sleep is imminent for me, but before that I'd like to write a short entry here.

A while back I answered an ad by AirAsia calling for bloggers/writers alike to submit applications (email je) for a chance to write for their travel blog.

Out of impulse, I sent them an email, saying I'm not a professional writer and have zero experience in professional writing for publications online and offline. Threw in a few countries I've been to (almost 20, but I omitted a few), gave a link to this blog and told them to click on the 'travels' label for related posts (I was sure of not getting it because my bahasa rojak writing and omg all those grammatical errors would spoil it for me).

Heard nothing from them for two months and I had totally forgotten about it, and then two days ago I received an email saying I was one of the chosen ones.. Hahahahhh I honestly couldn't believe it.

However the first assignment is about budget traveling in Malaysia.. which is something I've never done before. So close yet so far, how can this be?? Obviously I can't write about a non-existent experience, so I'll have to forgo this one. I don't know if they will give me another chance next time (I haven't replied their email), but for what its worth, I'm really thankful to AirAsia for actually giving this talentless creature a chance.. talk about having a leap of faith.. I have no idea what they saw in my unorganized story telling and mindless ramblings lol.

(I really should be writing part 2 don't I? Continuation of my last travel post. Oh well)

Time to hit the covers. 

No comments: