Mooz-lum is a movie based on a true story about a muslim brother living in America, who went through some difficult period during his childhood, and was a freshman when the 9/11 attack happened (my batch, lol!)
When I first saw the trailer this morning, I thought.. "hmm the university campus looks familiar" (it reminded me of Umich), and then as an afterthought.. "well i guess there are bound to be universities that look similar i suppose" Then i proceeded to download the movie.
So I just finished watching it a few minutes ago. In the first scene at the college campus, again I thought it looked too familiar.. I was positive that the building looked like Media Union (or Duderstadt in North Campus), and the archway looked like the one in Central Campus, when you walk from the Diag towards the buildings where you have Econ classes (seriously I dont remember the street name).. after a quick wiki search.. whaddaya know (if you haven't guessed it already by now), the movie was shot at Umich and Eastern Michigan U! there were scenes in front of Angell Hall, the clock tower on Central Campus, in the Michigan Union.. the area in front of the building that held Astronomy classes, sometimes Physics.. (I seriously dont remember anymore)..
Cool right! Finally I get to watch a movie shot at my alma mater..
The movie itself was okay, I don't think its anything to rave about, but its not bad at all really.
When the 9/11 attack happened, the muslim brother, his roomate, his sister etc were assaulted and beaten by a bunch of white Americans. Since the movie is based on a true story, it made me think back to how I had it quite easy back then, I had only arrived 3 weeks earlier when it happened. The community in Ann Arbor, by and large, were very nice and supportive and I (fortunately) have no story of religious racism or bad experience to tell post 9/11. It was a safe place to be at, at least for me it was.
And now I'm Umich sick.. and Chinagate Crab Cheese.
3 comments:
ko download ke movie nih, aku nak tgk gak
yup download the torrent at isohunt.com
Post a Comment