Music: Tomorrow by Shimokawa Mikuni
Took me about 4-5 hours to read The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, with my reading pace of a crawling turtle.
I can see why the book was such a success, his first book that gave him international recognition.
The ideas he presented were definitely not originally his, but what he did was that he compiled a whole lotta researches and experiments and statistics, provided many examples and related it to the happenings around the world, in a coherent way, so as to better present the idea to the masses like me.
But I'm not that utterly wow-ed, but definitely an interesting read nonetheless.
This time round (because I read his third book, Outliers, first), the ideas were more interesting and new and is something that we can learn from and maybe successfully execute, if we're good/brilliant enough.
(To me, Outliers was crap.. read it sometime in June last year.. I think I wrote a review about it here too).
It was an OK read I suppose, not a waste of time, unlike Outliers.
(God, I really hate that book huh)
Took me about 4-5 hours to read The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, with my reading pace of a crawling turtle.
I can see why the book was such a success, his first book that gave him international recognition.
The ideas he presented were definitely not originally his, but what he did was that he compiled a whole lotta researches and experiments and statistics, provided many examples and related it to the happenings around the world, in a coherent way, so as to better present the idea to the masses like me.
But I'm not that utterly wow-ed, but definitely an interesting read nonetheless.
This time round (because I read his third book, Outliers, first), the ideas were more interesting and new and is something that we can learn from and maybe successfully execute, if we're good/brilliant enough.
(To me, Outliers was crap.. read it sometime in June last year.. I think I wrote a review about it here too).
It was an OK read I suppose, not a waste of time, unlike Outliers.
(God, I really hate that book huh)
No comments:
Post a Comment