Music: It's Probably Love by Jang Nara
I just finished reading David Nicholls's book just now.. at work! muahahaha.. selamba...
Its been a while since I gave a book review..
Read a chick lit before this one and it sucked.. no surprise there.. not worth mentioning.. the first i've read in 6 years.. i hate chick lits i have no idea why i even bothered reading it.. but oh well..
So anyway, One Day..
is simply awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Thanks Phat and Rina for introducing the book.. you guys gave such rave reviews that i simply had to get it myself.. totally did not disappoint..
First chapter in and i was already hooked..
Warning, spoiler alert from here onwards.
I particularly like the reference to Malory Towers (eventhough it was just a passing remark/fact) coz I loved the series. Enid Blyton is a genius.
I love how they're best friends and they know they should be together but pride and ego somehow blinds them..
I love it that they write letters and send each other post cards..
I love the witty banters and the jokes between them.. i can so get their sense of humor.
Its like a modern twist and more hip and laid back version of a love story comparable to Judith McNaught, without the ehem ehem scenes. hahahaha
But when they got together the novelty of their relationship somehow dwindled to me.. i guess i liked the idea of them together than them actually being together.. coz then there's no more story.
I predicted that she would die prematurely in the story so that part did not surprise me.
But Nicholls really finished the book on a high by putting the chapter 'morning after' at the end..
It was the perfect way to end the book, by going back to the beginning when it all started...
I'll leave you with my favorite Emma Mayhew anecdote:
"Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and full and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance"
I just finished reading David Nicholls's book just now.. at work! muahahaha.. selamba...
Its been a while since I gave a book review..
Read a chick lit before this one and it sucked.. no surprise there.. not worth mentioning.. the first i've read in 6 years.. i hate chick lits i have no idea why i even bothered reading it.. but oh well..
So anyway, One Day..
is simply awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Thanks Phat and Rina for introducing the book.. you guys gave such rave reviews that i simply had to get it myself.. totally did not disappoint..
First chapter in and i was already hooked..
Warning, spoiler alert from here onwards.
I particularly like the reference to Malory Towers (eventhough it was just a passing remark/fact) coz I loved the series. Enid Blyton is a genius.
I love how they're best friends and they know they should be together but pride and ego somehow blinds them..
I love it that they write letters and send each other post cards..
I love the witty banters and the jokes between them.. i can so get their sense of humor.
Its like a modern twist and more hip and laid back version of a love story comparable to Judith McNaught, without the ehem ehem scenes. hahahaha
But when they got together the novelty of their relationship somehow dwindled to me.. i guess i liked the idea of them together than them actually being together.. coz then there's no more story.
I predicted that she would die prematurely in the story so that part did not surprise me.
But Nicholls really finished the book on a high by putting the chapter 'morning after' at the end..
It was the perfect way to end the book, by going back to the beginning when it all started...
I'll leave you with my favorite Emma Mayhew anecdote:
"Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and full and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance"
2 comments:
Ohhhh aku pun sangat suka this book!!! Awesome gilaaaa! But aku tak seriously tak expect that she would die..so macam what?! so abrupt. lol :P Hopefully movie dia pun best jugak :)
Haha.. aku pulak rasa part dia akan mati tu cam obvious gila looking at the pace of how the story developed..
Post a Comment