Friday, November 30, 2018

Mundane Much

Music: Pray by Sam Smith

Been trying to sleep for about an hour, seems futile though. Slept less than 7 hours on average this week coz ive been doing work every night and sleeping late. Today I purposely woke up late and went to work at 10–ish. Nobody cares really lol, as long as i get my work done. I love it that nobody is a busybody at work, especially on my comings and goings. As soon as I arrived at my desk, two colleagues appeared at my desk, they probably didnt realize i just came in haha. Spent the whole morning then in discussions and updating people on work and progress and what not, quite productive i’d say. Went to lunch with a dear old friend who works in the same building, someone whom i can talk to about stuff, be stupid and intellectual at the same time. Came back early, since i promised one of the bosses to submit some work by 3pm. Spent the rest of the day doing work even tonight after i got back home. Have more work to complete in preparation for Monday’s discussions. Ok this is getting boring, talking about just work.

Dear old friend asked me what is my dream job. It was a revelation to me that I could not answer that question. I have nothing specific. But in general, I don’t want to work in an office.. and i’d like to be able to travel a lot, but it still has to be doing something I enjoy, truth be told I hate traveling for work tho. Friend asked what about working for an NGO. Firstly, its a given that it has to be for cause I believe in. Secondly i must like the job, if i had to meet lotsa people or do lobbying work or be reponsible for raising money, I wouldn’t like it very much i suppose. So yeah, still have no idea what I want. I guess I really would want to work overseas tho. It looks/seems greener. Operative word being “seems”. Won’t know for sure if it’d be that great. I’d be somewhat lonely I suppose. But nothing I can’t handle, i’ve been for the most part lonely all my adult life kot. Even now. And at this very exact moment, I do have a strong feeling to leave everyone behind. Just do my own thing somewhere far away, where I won’t feel guilty for not being reachable on whatsapp, coz i turn it off sometimes when im feeling like i dont give a shit (mostly work related). Haha.

Maybe I should do exactly that on my upcoming trip. Just ignore all texts unless its sth that really needs replying. I can for sure ignore work stuff coz boss knows im traveling. But he hasn’t approved my leave yet!!!!

Urgh really boring post. And I sound like a boring person too. Why am I even writing.


No comments: