Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Why are all my most recent entries so depressing?
Boohoo. 

Well, I just haven't written much about other fun stuff I did. 
Its not all that depressing, my life, that is. 

I had a really great time on my impromptu trip to South Africa. 
I actually had bought tickets to Tokyo, was gonna spend 10 days there. 
Then out of the blue, a friend asked me to go to SA with her. 
It was an easy decision, to change my plans. 
My Tokyo tix was cheap enough to let go. 
My South African friend was going home too, so accommodation and 'chaperons' were ready. 
It was also my only chance to get a travel partner to SA, and SA has always been a place I wanted to travel to. 
The flight tix from Korea was super cheap too. 
So we bought the tickets on Sunday, and we flew out that Tuesday. 
Got the last 2 seats on the plane. Lucky us!

And then 2 weeks ago, I finally managed to go on a hiking trip that I've always wanted to do in Korea. 
The mountain range is called Jirisan. 
Its not the typical go up to the peak and come down hikes that I usually do. 
Its hiking along the mountain ridge, the elevation is between 1,500 to 1,900 meters.
So we went up and down. 
Reached at least 4 different peaks (I can't remember).
Normally, people would do the whole hike in 3 days. 
But we did it in 2 days. 
The first day was a 12 hour hike, total of 21.9km, while carrying a 7kg bagpack.
7kg was nothing compared to what others were carrying, up to 15kg! These guys are tough. 
There was 9 people in our group. 
The second day was a 8 hour hike, total of 10km. 
Sometimes its amazing to find out that we are actually stronger than we think we are. 
To realize that our capabilities exceed our own expectations. 
This hiking trip made climbing Mt. Kinabalu seemed like a walk in the park, and I'm not exaggerating. 
I told my friend it was like torture. 
And she said, "but you liked the torture".
Hahahahaha. Funnily, it was true. 
So my dream of conquering all the 3 highest peaks in Korea has been fulfilled. 
Even done the 4th highest too. 

There are many other good times and fun activities, but I can't get into writing all of it. 

However now, i have some major problems regarding my thesis research.
But none of the few friends whom I've been talking to wants to believe me. 
They think I'm over exaggerating the problems I'm facing. 
They seem to think I can do it all, no mountain is high enough, no river wide enough, sorta.
How the hell did they get this crazy idea that I'm that capable? 
Time is running out. 
One more week left to the final draft deadline submission for our thesis defense presentation.  
Like it or not, I just have to rough it. 
Days go by, life goes on. 
I'm totally burned out.

Advice to self: JUST FUCKING DO IT. 

No comments: