Music: How To Save a Life by The Fray
The wedding season is here again!
I've gotten about 15 wedding invitations since a few weeks ago.
I'm happy for the newly weds.. and newly weds to be..
The bad side though.. it's putting a hole in my pocket.
Oh well.
I just came back from a friend's wedding..
For a moment, I felt really melancholic..
Even with all the laughter and happy vibe around me.
It's 1.45am in the morning
And I have to go to work at 8am..
On a Sunday.
Not sleepy yet, but I'll regret it for sure.
I've gotten myself a bunch of jdramas and kmovies and an anime to watch..
Think of it as replenishing my diminishing sources..
Apart from that
I've bought a quite a number of books too
And what with my plan to re-read all Harry Potter books before Deathly Hallows is out
Where do I find the time?
Well.. I do have time actually..
Cuti setengah tahun.. as elly puts it..
But all I do during these free times.. is sleep and watch TV
Everytime I hear stories my friends.. or my friend's friends..
Being sent on stint to overseas for work..
I feel envious.. not jealous though, mind you.
But then again, I am rather content with my job right now.
It's the best that I could hope for working in my department in TNB.
A friend asked me, whether I really wanted to work with TNB..
Truth be told, I've never had any expectations of working anywhere else the moment I took TNB's scholarship.
At 18 years old, all I wanted was to go overseas to study..
Away from the watchful eyes of my parents and family..
And when TNB asked me to choose between UK, US and Japan..
No doubt I wanted US..
It's where everything is..
Everything you see on TV..
Too many Malaysians went to the UK..
And I had no desire to learn a new language..
Too much work.. painstaking..
At 18 years old.. all I knew was that..
I wanted to enjoy as much as I can!
Which I did.. although my results did suffer a tad bit..
But I survived! heheh.. just barely..
I could've totally done better, I know what I'm capable of..
At 18 years old,
I couldn't care less that I'd be bounded to TNB for 7 years..
so back to my friend's question..
I couldn't think of an honest reply..
I could've taken the MARA scholarship.
But didn't..
Just because I didn't want to go to UITM for the preparation program..
Uniten is sooo much better..
How shallow.. come to think of it..
I didn't go to matrix coz the place I got really sucked.
And I vividly remember during that time..
Nearly everybody went, coz it was like a safety net..
What if I didn't overseas scholarships..
or even local IPTAs or IPTSs..
But no regrets on my part!
Everything worked out fine
Although I would be even happier if I had more money hehehhh
But I'm doing fine..
It's not that I have to pay for a car or house or anything.
I can afford to splurge like I usually do..
In conclusion..
I'm happy as a bee!
No comments:
Post a Comment