Music: Love Hurts by Incubus.
The latest album by Incubus is freakin awesome. Yes, I bought it.
Anyway, I'm blogging from my office, one of the rare days when sites like friendster and blogger and youtubes are not "banned". Since last week actually, lets see how long this lasts.
This month is crazy. Know how I was babbling about "saving up" and all that crap?
Yeah.. I can't really do it, not very effectively anyway. Haha..
I bought tickets to Muse and Rain (omggggg) punya concert.
Later this weekend, will buy F1 tickets.
Also bought flight tickets to Sabah (going there in May).
Thank god Boyz II Men's concert is on the same day as Rain's.
I wasnt really interested in going to b2m's con (coz they're so.. yesterday..... hahahah.. and 3 org je perform), but my cousins ajak.. and i cannot resist saying yes.. that's just me.
In the end, I am what I am lah.. I don't like to shop for clothing and shoes etc... Beli satu yg expensive and tahan lama, use it for the next few years, that's good enough for me. The day I took leave just to go shopping, I ended up not buying anything (except a book hahah).
I might be taking Mandarin classes. Esok nak pi usha the courses offered at UITM. It would be a waste to forget what I already know, and to forever forget what I've already forgotten, which can still be "unforgotten".. hahahh.
I've wondered for a long time.. why am I not interested in learning Japanese instead, looking at how crazy I am with animes and Japanese dramas and actors and boybands etc. And to think that I can understand some level of Japanese now, just the really2 simple words or sentences.. I remember watching one episode of Brother Beat without subtitles and surprisingly understood most of it (the script wasnt deep, fairly easy). But you can't ask me to speak Japanese, coz I just cannot. Not possible.
I've tried to learn Mandarin through watching their tv shows, but it was very2 difficult, unlike Japanese. Whatever Mandarin I can understand, is because, I learnt it. Why the difference, I don't know.
Have you ever wondered why its easier for humans to learn to speak a language compared to writing it? Apparently, it has been claimed that learning languages are inate to human, as if the gene for that particular purpose is hardwired into our brains. You just have to practice, and wall. But writing, its something new (relatively), its a skill created by humans as another form of communication. Well, I'm not expert and I'm not saying this is cold hard fact, but I'm not refuting it either, just something I read somewhere.
Getting into the subject of human brains, I seriously think it is The Most Difficult Thing to Study, for any scientist/doctors/professors/engineers/researchers etc. There's so many areas to study, emotions, consciousness, theory of mind.. and how about the millions or billions of nerves.. each with their own job so to speak. How do you quantify emotions etc? There cant possibly be any equations like the likes of F=ma or V=IR. Even if someone miraculously comes up with one, there's gonna be tonnes of variables.. coz every single human is different. Hahaha.. I dunno.. it's just a thought lah.
In one of the episodes in Grey's Anatomy, one guy had a brain tumor or sth like that, had to be operated.. this guy was very loving and caring husband, and after the operation, he had a personality change. He became very bitter and vulgar with words. His wife was crying and crying.. saying this guy is not his husband. Apparently, sth happened la during the operation, and Dr Shepherd said he could rectify it easily, operated balik brain mamat tu and dunno do what lah.. and he'll get back to normal. When I watched this episode, I thought it was bullshit you know. Just sth the scriptwriters wrote to make the story interesting.
And then... I read an article on human brains, it seems like our personalities are more or less goverened by our genes and enzymes in our brains as well. This one guy did a study on a family in Netherlands, majority of the members of that family were criminals. They found out that this family had a faulty gene, they lack a certain kind of enzyme, which makes them get angry.. like really fast. They have short fuse, hence, prone to violence. This is just one example. Lack of another kind of I duunno what in the brain, and you can actually be a person who lacks fear. Hahaha Imagine that, If I actually don't fear anything, I can do sooo many things lah.
I think many of the terms I used here are probably wrong ahhaha... kalau la org2 yg buat research tu datang baca apa aku tulis, sure diorang menangis. But hey I'm an engineer not a doctor heheh.
Btw, I watched Heroes and Bones. Ok la gak.
Bones actually changed how I look at that guy yg jadi Angel dalam citer Angel tu. I didn't like him previously. Now, he's ok. Aku boleh terima. hahahhaha. Same goes to Jesse @ Milo Ventimiglia.
No comments:
Post a Comment