I had my last ever group meeting today.. to put together our project report. I must say that this is the most fun group I've ever been in. You see, I've always been rather calculating when choosing my groupmates, for any class. I didn't like my groupmates when I took Calculus 1 in my freshman year. Since then, I chose my groupmates based on my instincts and first impressions on them. Usually, I go with the nerdy-looking people, or people who don't look like slackers/bimbo/lazy/biatches/snobbish.. haha. I also tend to choose guys over girls.. just because I trust guys more (in engineering, lol). Guys juga tak banyak songeh, senang buat kerja ngan diorang. So for the past 4 years, I never had any bad experience with groupmates and groupworks.. fortunately my 'strategy' always worked well for me, excluding my Calculus 1 group.
However for my senior design class, I didn't follow my usual 'strategy', so to speak. It was based on the project that I wanted to do. Actually, it was the only proposed project that I understood. It has to do with music, and completely signals & systems material. Other projects, I didn't know shit what it's all about. About a month into the semester, I've already crossed out the people that I don't want to work with, for reasons that I shouldn't say here, hehehe. Lucky for me, the people I ended up with were not in my no-list. And it turned out all of us has some sort of interest in music. One of them is in the marching band and some jewish acapella group, another one is a member of the Men's Glee Club and The Friars (a singing group which is a whole level higher than the Glee Club), and the last one plays the guitar, like me! hahahh. And alsooo, all of them were cool EECS people.. like me! muahahahha. Very lepak.. laid back.. but not slackers.. they do the work they should do.. but not to the extent of being those really freaky EECS students that are in abundance.
Another thing was, they're not all freakishly smart or anything (but of course they're not hopeless lah), so I didn't feel intimidated. We divided into subgroups of two since there where 2 parts to our project (frequency detection and pitch shifting), and the guy that I had to work with (the guitar guy).. mmg best lah. hahahah.. very cool guy, very funny too.. he likes to make these weird sound effects (Deera, lagi kronik dari kau!! hahahaha). Fun to hang out with, well.. he IS a frat-boy anyway.. All my friends who are frat-boys are fun people..
So today, we spent about 3 hours putting our report together.. in a chilled and laid back atmosphere.. no rush.. since everyone was done with finals.. took some pictures.. and said our goodbyes. hahaha dammit I can't believe I'm being emotional about my freakin' groupmates!! hahahahaha.. and to think that I've been dreading this class for the whole summer.. Well, so that's that. Another good memory to bring back home.
Anywayy... I had more fun than I thought I would during my graduation ceremony today. All was good, the only thing that I regret was that I didn't take a picture with my lab partner (for another class). He's pretty cool too.. he's in the Michigan Cycling team I think, and also kinda cute, hahahahah!
Hmphh.. I think somehow my upcoming entries will be more emotional than I want them to be in these final weeks before I go back home. haha.. I dunno, we'll see about that.
p/s: Thanks for coming, and the flowers too. Both of you mean a lot to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment