The Aussie GP was exhilirating!! yeahhhh! well, it wasn't exactly the most exciting race ever, but opening weekends are always so much fun lah. Berdebar2 aku masa race nak start, tapi potong stim betul sbb Raikonnen had some problems with his car. First off, luck wasn't on M. Schumi's side. Changed engines prior to the race, so he started at the back of the grid. About 15 more laps to go and Heidfeld touched Schumi's rear semasa sessi potong memotong, both cars ended up in the sand trap! Bengang gila aku. The good news is, since Schumi (and Heidfeld) retired, he'll be running on new engines in Sepang. Lol retire.. haven't had that for a while. But no worries, Barichello saved the day as he almost always does whenever Schumi's in trouble.
Renault was surprisingly fast! Fisichella had a perfect race. But I'm more impressed with Alonso's performance. He really did push the car to its limit, and he was reaally fast! I bet he was frustrated when he bogged down by Villeneuve during the first 20++ laps. Speaking of which, Sauber's car wasn't that great despite using Ferrari's last season engine, I expected better results from the team. Raikonnen finished 8th despite having a faulty start, good for him. oh yeah.. wonderful debut for new team Red Bull Racing. Good end result for Coulthard (at last??). It's hard to grasp the fact that Coulthard is not with McLaren anymore after 9 years being with the team (I think). Nothing extra ordinary from Montoya, a little disappointed as I was expecting him to spice things up macam biasa.
I'm pretty impressed with the durability of the tyres, not being able to change tyres at all (except in the event of rain downpour) in the new regulations. Michelin and Bridgestone certainly got their job done. The tyres have harder compound, so heating the tyres to the right temperature takes much more time than usual, and the drivers have to preserve their tyre conditions until the end of the race. No tyre change made the pit stops less interesting though. Can't say much about the engine reliability yet until the next race. Two races per engine, can't wait to see how that turns out. I'm not sure whether I like the new qualifying round system. But so far it's okay.
18 races to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment