Many people say they like this and that.. but uttering them are just that.. words..
Recently I've thought about the things I love and what I have actually done to show for it..
I say I love traveling.. I've visited over 20 countries in a span of 6 years..
I say I love concerts.. I can easily name 30 bands/singers that I've seen..
I say I love reading.. I have over 100 books in my goodreads list of the books I've read since 2001..
I used to love Eminem.. I've been to his concert, I have a tshirt with his face on it, my friends gave me Eminem dvds for my birthday, I spent hundreds of dollars on magazines and put filled my whole room wall with posters of him.. the name of this blog is also evident of my infatuation..
I used to love Matsumoto Jun, hence Arashi... I've watched all of his dramas and movies, memorized their songs, watch their videos (concert and PVs alike), watched their Japanese reality shows without subtitles.. etc (I was a total fan girl).
I used to love anime.. I've spent hundreds of hours watching them instead of studying, I have wall scrolls of Kenshin and Edward/Alphonse Eric which are currently the curtains for my window in my room at home..
I admire Kimi Raikkonen so much.. he's the reason I wear my watch on my right hand (even though I'm right-handed).
I don't like running.. but I've entered at least ten 10km runs since 2009.. and collected so many certificates and medals..
I say I love hiking.. I always include a hiking activity whenever I travel, I've hiked Broga (which is near my house) alone so many times, and here in Korea.. I'm always invited to hiking activities coz they know I will almost always say yes!
I say I love the color red.. its evident looking at the color of my laptop, my mouse, my gtab cover, and many more.. even the wall color of my room..
I used to love F1.. I've attended F1 races in Malaysia (3 times or more I can't recall), US, Canada.. and Singapore. My favorite team was Ferrari, I had Ferrari mugs, tshirts, flags (big and small), keychains.. and a 1/200 miniature F1 car.. and these things cost a fortune..
I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging, coz I'm not..
The message that I wanna convey is, if you have even the slightest chance to do the things you like, go for it.
Never wait or save it for later..
These are things I've done without realizing it, really..
Just do it.
And when you look back, you won't feel any regrets.
Don't worry too much about money, our sustenance has already be determined by God, just make sure we remember to give (charity, zakat) sincerely.. and Allah will do the rest for us.. but of course don't spend extravagantly beyond our means and forget to have some savings.. but don't be stingy as well..
And a final confession..
When it comes to matters of the heart, every single person that ever truly liked, I've told them..
Granted, I've been turned down 100% of the time, but i can tell myself that I've tried..
No lingering questions of 'what if'..
I might be a loser in love.. and had my pride/ego/confidence hurt countless times.
But jodoh is also in the hands of God.. everything happens for a reason, we might not understand but Allah knows best.
Recently I've thought about the things I love and what I have actually done to show for it..
I say I love traveling.. I've visited over 20 countries in a span of 6 years..
I say I love concerts.. I can easily name 30 bands/singers that I've seen..
I say I love reading.. I have over 100 books in my goodreads list of the books I've read since 2001..
I used to love Eminem.. I've been to his concert, I have a tshirt with his face on it, my friends gave me Eminem dvds for my birthday, I spent hundreds of dollars on magazines and put filled my whole room wall with posters of him.. the name of this blog is also evident of my infatuation..
I used to love Matsumoto Jun, hence Arashi... I've watched all of his dramas and movies, memorized their songs, watch their videos (concert and PVs alike), watched their Japanese reality shows without subtitles.. etc (I was a total fan girl).
I used to love anime.. I've spent hundreds of hours watching them instead of studying, I have wall scrolls of Kenshin and Edward/Alphonse Eric which are currently the curtains for my window in my room at home..
I admire Kimi Raikkonen so much.. he's the reason I wear my watch on my right hand (even though I'm right-handed).
I don't like running.. but I've entered at least ten 10km runs since 2009.. and collected so many certificates and medals..
I say I love hiking.. I always include a hiking activity whenever I travel, I've hiked Broga (which is near my house) alone so many times, and here in Korea.. I'm always invited to hiking activities coz they know I will almost always say yes!
I say I love the color red.. its evident looking at the color of my laptop, my mouse, my gtab cover, and many more.. even the wall color of my room..
I used to love F1.. I've attended F1 races in Malaysia (3 times or more I can't recall), US, Canada.. and Singapore. My favorite team was Ferrari, I had Ferrari mugs, tshirts, flags (big and small), keychains.. and a 1/200 miniature F1 car.. and these things cost a fortune..
I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging, coz I'm not..
The message that I wanna convey is, if you have even the slightest chance to do the things you like, go for it.
Never wait or save it for later..
These are things I've done without realizing it, really..
Just do it.
And when you look back, you won't feel any regrets.
Don't worry too much about money, our sustenance has already be determined by God, just make sure we remember to give (charity, zakat) sincerely.. and Allah will do the rest for us.. but of course don't spend extravagantly beyond our means and forget to have some savings.. but don't be stingy as well..
And a final confession..
When it comes to matters of the heart, every single person that ever truly liked, I've told them..
Granted, I've been turned down 100% of the time, but i can tell myself that I've tried..
No lingering questions of 'what if'..
I might be a loser in love.. and had my pride/ego/confidence hurt countless times.
But jodoh is also in the hands of God.. everything happens for a reason, we might not understand but Allah knows best.
No comments:
Post a Comment