Thursday, May 02, 2013

Under the Stars (Part 2)

Music: Try A Little Tenderness by Michael Buble

..continued from previous post

Walking at the Nabq mangrove area was pretty nice.. High Pitt, Biggy and I spent more than an hour there.. the feeling of the soft mud was amazing on my feet.. took some pictures.. High Pitt almost lost his camera (actually his university's camera) but we managed to find it again.. by the time we went back to our temporary roofless dwelling it was past 5pm, and our food was almost ready..

Cancun and Sweetie were already lying down on the makeshift carpet, taking a rest.. High Pitt went to join them and lied down beside Sweetie.. whereas Biggy and I took our spot next to our Bedouin guides.. waiting for food to be served.. the smell was soooo good and my stomach was already growling..

And then, all of a sudden.. Cancun was shouting and trying to hit High Pitt.. he actually punched High Pitt in the face... while shouting...

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY GIRLFRIEND???? YOU THINK I DIDN'T SEE YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON HER ASS??" (Actually he said more things... but basically that's the gist of it)

Sweetie was screaming.. "Oh my god... please stop!!! Stop it!!! Oh my god.. oh my god"

The bedouins quickly broke up the fight... "Its ok.. its ok... no problem here.. no problem... its ok"

Cancun finally said.. "I've never punched anyone before in my life! Oh my god that felt so good!"

and I was all the while watching the whole commotion from where I was sitting.. basically in awe of what was happening.. you see, I've never witnessed people literally fighting and punching before.. and I was also thinking how funny the situation was.. the whole day I noticed High Pitt was flirting with Sweetie.. lying down very close to her... whispering in her ears.. and stuff.. and she responded to him.. I guess Cancun just couldn't bare it anymore.. hahahaha

after that, Sweetie and Cancun went out of our camp site. to talk I guess.. High Pitt smiled sheepishly to the rest of us and said "Sorry about that" and Biggy had a 'I'm sorry it happened' expression on his face.. the Bedouins immediately served the food, and I started conversing with them like nothing happened... and the food was heavenly! by the time we finished eating, Sweetie and Cancun were still not back yet.. then High Pitt and Biggy went to walk by the beach.. and I stayed talking to Bedouins, drinking the delicious Egyptian tea.. and listening to the older Bedouin singing and playing a tune with a handmade guitar made of a tin, some sticks.. and steel strings..

Some minutes later, while the entertainment was ongoing, Sweetie and Cancun came back to eat, we left some food for them.. they said sorry.. I said, don't worry about it.. and we all just pretended nothing happened and talked like everything was normal..

When sunset was closing in, I went to sit with Biggy outside and we talked some more.. nothing much was said about the drama, but he did mention something along the lines of.. "It takes two to tango".. hahaha. Sweetie came to us later and profusely apologized to us... we brushed it off..

When it was already dark, we started packing up to go back to Dahab..I took a position at the back of the pickup truck such that I could lie down and face the sky.. and the view was simply amazing.. it was so dark, so quiet, the silence only broken by the truck's engine.. for 90 minutes, I was only watching the stars, while listening to Jason Mraz's latest album on my ipod.. it was one of the most amazing feelings I've ever experienced.. incredible really..

Although it wasn't the first time I've seen that many stars, in fact I've seen many more and even more amazing views when I was in Southern Australia.. but somehow the feeling was different.. it was more poignant, more meaningful.. I guess it had to do with me traveling alone.. and the many feelings that came with it throughout my trip.. I just cannot explain it really..

By the time we got back to Dahab, we said our goodbyes.. it was Biggy's and Sweetie's last night in Egypt.. I went to check in a new backpackers place for the night..

Two days later (the day before, I went to climb Mount Sinai aka Jabal Musa, so I didn't see High Pitt), I spent the whole day with High Pitt, he brought me to the Blue Hole on his recently repaired rented scooter.. while sitting on the small hill we hiked enjoy the view of the Blue Hole from a high point, we talked about what happened that day in Nabq.. what he felt, what really happened, why it happened etc.. he also asked whether I have Sweetie's contact details.. I did not... I made it a point to never suggest to keep in touch with any travelers I met, unless they suggest it themselves.. I'm ok with them being just fellow travelers that I've crossed paths with.

At one point, High Pitt said to me...

"Do you know what would be good thing to do right now?"

I sort of already guessed what he was gonna say.. but I didn't answer his question, I just looked sideways to him and gave a 'don't even think about it' look..

But he continued anyway and said, "Excuse me for being direct, but it would be really good to have sex here right now".

Hahahahahah shit. Out of reflex, I hit his legs.. and 5 minutes later, fearing that he might do something, I suggested we go down (where there were many people).. although if anything happened up there, I could scream and shout and people down by the beach will definitely hear me.. or I could kick him, and he would fall down the hill and could probably die or hurt himself really bad..

So we went down, walked to El Bells.. then drank some tea.. and drove back to Dahab, said our goodbyes.. and I left the next day, for Cairo.

Btw, why the nicknames?

High Pitt = he was high almost all the time, smoking weed.. and he also resembled Brad Pitt when he smiles.
Biggy = he was big, and his first name starts with the letter Y.
Cancun = he's the owner of a backpacker's hostel in Cancun, Mexico.
Sweetie = she is such a sweet, nice, pleasant girl.. and her sexy French accent is the icing on the cake.

No comments: