Music: Angels by Robbie Williams
I've mentioned a few times how great my new found friendships with these really great bunch of people here are.. But as wonderful as they are, i miss my old friends and my family a lot. Starting a new chapter of my life by coming to a place without knowing anyone, in an international setting excited me. But right this very second i long for the familiarity back home, with people whom ive known for the most part of my life. To put it simply, i am homesick and lonely.
In the past few weeks, ive noticed some changes in me. I remember i last time i felt that i was changing was around 4-5 years ago when i started caring for different things, some things became unimportant and i became interested in matters that i wouldn't have cared to think about before. I guess that was a transition from being a teenager and student to real adult life with jobs and friends around me taking that important, almost inevitable, step into family-hood. This time round, it probably has something to do with me reaching the 30-year mark of my life..
Granted, when it comes to traveling, ive been to more places than the majority of my friends. In that regard, ive been told many times, "i wish i could do the things that u've done". But i guess with the absence of any plans relating to marriage, there was nothing else to do or pursue the past few years. Although i still have yet to feel the urge to start a family even now. Hence why I decided to do my masters anyway. Maybe I will never ever want to start one. But never say never right. Or is it because I haven't met anyone. Or because I have been disappointed over and over again.
I still cannot pinpoint what is changing in me right now, but i know that i am. The process has started but the results have yet to materialize. It is said that doing masters is sort of the time when you discover, or maybe rediscover yourself, especially when you are abroad. However i dont really feel that way at the moment. Its all so confusing to me right now.
Anyway, I can say that I am happy here. Just once in a while the feeling of loneliness decides to drop by for a visit. So a message to anyone who is reading, never fail to appreciate those loved ones around you.. whom you get to spend time with even when at times you feel like they irritate the hell out of you (it happens right?). At least you have them around.
With that said, i should be off to the gym right now to keep up with the Shin Ohtake workout program that I've been trying out. So far so good, as I've lost 1 kg in a week. But man his regime is really tough.
I've mentioned a few times how great my new found friendships with these really great bunch of people here are.. But as wonderful as they are, i miss my old friends and my family a lot. Starting a new chapter of my life by coming to a place without knowing anyone, in an international setting excited me. But right this very second i long for the familiarity back home, with people whom ive known for the most part of my life. To put it simply, i am homesick and lonely.
In the past few weeks, ive noticed some changes in me. I remember i last time i felt that i was changing was around 4-5 years ago when i started caring for different things, some things became unimportant and i became interested in matters that i wouldn't have cared to think about before. I guess that was a transition from being a teenager and student to real adult life with jobs and friends around me taking that important, almost inevitable, step into family-hood. This time round, it probably has something to do with me reaching the 30-year mark of my life..
Granted, when it comes to traveling, ive been to more places than the majority of my friends. In that regard, ive been told many times, "i wish i could do the things that u've done". But i guess with the absence of any plans relating to marriage, there was nothing else to do or pursue the past few years. Although i still have yet to feel the urge to start a family even now. Hence why I decided to do my masters anyway. Maybe I will never ever want to start one. But never say never right. Or is it because I haven't met anyone. Or because I have been disappointed over and over again.
I still cannot pinpoint what is changing in me right now, but i know that i am. The process has started but the results have yet to materialize. It is said that doing masters is sort of the time when you discover, or maybe rediscover yourself, especially when you are abroad. However i dont really feel that way at the moment. Its all so confusing to me right now.
Anyway, I can say that I am happy here. Just once in a while the feeling of loneliness decides to drop by for a visit. So a message to anyone who is reading, never fail to appreciate those loved ones around you.. whom you get to spend time with even when at times you feel like they irritate the hell out of you (it happens right?). At least you have them around.
With that said, i should be off to the gym right now to keep up with the Shin Ohtake workout program that I've been trying out. So far so good, as I've lost 1 kg in a week. But man his regime is really tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment