Music: One Day Like This by Elbow
Ok I only have 30 minutes before my group meeting. So this time I'll talk about a short trip one weekend back in April.
Geonjeol-kot is the place where "the sun rises the earliest in Eurasia, including the Korean Peninsular".
Well, at least that's what it said on a big stone in the area. Its about 10-15 minutes drive from my university. The place is quite pleasant and beautiful. During the new year (both Gregorian and Lunar Calendar, I think), many people would come here to watch the first sunrise of the year. It is a popular place to watch sunrise here. Well, this thing about watching sunrises at a special place sort of boggles me, coz I think I can watch the sunrise from wherever I want.. what's the significance of watching the earliest sunrise anywhere, anyway? Hahaha. ok maybe I'm not that sentimental or romantic or whatever. But I guess its also how they sort of sell the place, right? Like being in the southernmost tip of the african continent (Cape of Good Hope). But that is quite interesting actually haha.
Ok I only have 30 minutes before my group meeting. So this time I'll talk about a short trip one weekend back in April.
Geonjeol-kot is the place where "the sun rises the earliest in Eurasia, including the Korean Peninsular".
Well, at least that's what it said on a big stone in the area. Its about 10-15 minutes drive from my university. The place is quite pleasant and beautiful. During the new year (both Gregorian and Lunar Calendar, I think), many people would come here to watch the first sunrise of the year. It is a popular place to watch sunrise here. Well, this thing about watching sunrises at a special place sort of boggles me, coz I think I can watch the sunrise from wherever I want.. what's the significance of watching the earliest sunrise anywhere, anyway? Hahaha. ok maybe I'm not that sentimental or romantic or whatever. But I guess its also how they sort of sell the place, right? Like being in the southernmost tip of the african continent (Cape of Good Hope). But that is quite interesting actually haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment